advice pls

i want a better router than my current linksys G 2.4.

i have the router in the loft in my office but the signal is poor down stairs and non existant in the rear of the property

i am using 1 main pc hard wired to the router, another pc downstairs with pc card{kids} a laptop everywhere with pcmcia card , xbox 360 with original network adaptor downstairs {poor signal to this especially} a psp and pocket pc.

whats the best router to look at,

i also want it to be as future proof as possible etc

money aint really an option as i will pay for what i think is the right one, i know i may / have to replace the network cards / receivers. are the sub ones as good as the fixed ones yet?

thanks

S
Reply to
spamman
Loading thread data ...

I think that the Netgear dg834gt

formatting link
great as it has an ADSL modem, WPA, MAC filtering and other cool stuff. However, if you don't have ADSL, don't bother. Just NEVER buy a D-Link router. They are terrible and every one breaks (not just personal experience). You probably want one with WPA but I am unsure if the Xbox 360 adapter supports this.
formatting link

Reply to
bcaller
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

I disagree -- I've installed quite a few D-Link routers, and all are working properly.

Reply to
John Navas
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

A cheap antenna reflector might solve your problem -- see .

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.