Advice

Appreciate any advice with reference to XV6700 or XV6800.. Especially with regard to WiFi and Bluetooth uses..and maybe software updates..Thanks much

Reply to
Jake
Loading thread data ...

I suggest you ask the same question in alt.cellular.verizon.

I've had an XV6700 for about 1.5 years. It works, but does everything badly. All the features are there, but none of them work right. I've ranted on the subject before and am too lazy to do so again. As for BT and Wi-Fi, perhaps I can answer your reservations if you asked a question. Both BT and Wi-Fi work, but both have their problems. Wi-FI takes forever to connect and associate. BT requires you to manually select your profile and headset from a list of paired devices. It screws up quite often. For example, if I'm paired and working with a BT headset, but I answer the phone using the phone, the audio sometimes (not always) goes to the BT headset, and not the phone.

I did a web page on the xv6700 which might be useful:

Note that the instructions for the firmware update are NOT for the latest version AKU 3.3 update, but should be similar.

Also, dive into:

and:

I played with the xv6800 and found that it had improved a few things. It's also noticably faster. The earphone audio is still too low and I found some bugs in the apps. Better, but not worth paying $400 to upgrade.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Thanks..That's what I needed..Will study your 6700 site..

Reply to
Jake

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.