Adelphia Cable Modem and Airlink+ Wireless Router

I am trying to get my router to connect throught the Adelphia Cable Modem. Adelphia says they dont support it, so the only help they offered was that I need to use DHCP.

I had my Airlink+ do a test, which apparently started by trying to contact the DHCP server. This failed.

That sounds pretty basic, so I think I am going in the wrong direction.

Has anyone accomplished setting up a wireless router with Adelphia Cable Modem? What do I need to do? (Maybe my router won't work and I need something else.)

Thanks, Jim Beasley

Reply to
Jim Beasley
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
Q&A # 6

The usual problem I have found is that users are not following the router instructions to start the process by turning everything off (modem, PC and router).

If after following the instructions in Q&A #6, you still have a problem, then turn off the power to the cable modem for 10 seconds and then turn it back on.

Reply to
Alan

Which make and model? Adelphia doesn't manufacture cable modems.

formatting link

Let's see if I understand this. Adelphia sold you a modem and then claims they won't support it? Perhaps you're referring to the wireless router?

Did you "clone" the PC's MAC address into the router? There should be a page somewhere in the wireless router that offers to either clone the MAC address or more crudely, inscribe it manually. That's fairly standard for todays routers.

formatting link

How about a clue if the system works without the router? Just plug your PC into the modem and see if that works. If so, don't make sure you have a personal firewall (XP SP2 firewall, ZoneAlarm, Norton Firewall, Kerio, etc) installed before browsing or you'll get attacked by hackers via the internet. Once it's working with a PC, then try it with the wireless router.

Also, did you go through the self-activation ordeal?

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.