ad hoc internet connection sharing problem

Hello,

I have a Compaq laptop connected through RJ45 to an Internet ADSL modem. This same laptop shares its internet connection with a Dell laptop.

Everything works fine and the connection is pretty stable. For instance, I can make pretty long calls on Skype from the Dell with no problems.

The problem is that when the download charge gets high, for instance, when I download some file from a rapid web server, or when I load a heavy web page, the connection breaks after a few seconds. Then the network reconnects instantly, but if I restart the download, it fails again. It seems to me that the problem occurs when the download speed gets above something like 100 ko/sec.

Any clues ? If not, is it possible to limit the download speed to prevent the loss of connection ?

Please help ! Thanks

Reply to
oma
Loading thread data ...

Is Comcast your ISP? Comcast reportedly has been limiting connection capacity.

W> Hello,

Reply to
windsurferLA

No in fact I recently installed new drivers and utility that I didn't have for the broadcom Broadcom Corporation BCM94311MCG wlan mini-PCI card on the Compaq and that seems to have cured the problem !

Now I am looking for a way to enable SoftAp mode on this card and I found that adding a EnableSoftAp "1" string to the registry is supposed to add Softap capability to the utility but that doesn't work.

Thanks anyway for you answer Bye

Reply to
oma

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.