Actiontec WI424 misconfigured

I have Verizon FiOS with an Actiontec WI424 Wifi Router/Switch. It was working well until I tried to get cute. The installer technition set things up with the router IP of 192.168.1.1 and DHCP to assign IPs of

*1.2-*1.255 to the clients.

What I tried to do was change things so the router IP was

192.168.100.1 and the clients would get *100.2-*100.255.

I obviously screwed it up so now I can't get to the internet and I can't even log into the router. My DHCP clients receive IPs in the

*100.2-255 range so it's sort of working.

I cannot ping 192.168.1.1. I cannot ping 192.168.100.1 I cannot ping

formatting link
Powering off / on the router didn't help pushing the little reset button on the router didn't help.

I'm hosed. Please help. How do I log into the the Actiontec or reset it or something.

btw, I was doing this so I could then attach a wifi-N router inside the Actiontec router and have it use the 1.1 addresses thus looking "better". Like I said, I got to cute.

Reply to
bighead
Loading thread data ...

I answered my own question.

With the power on (Power LED on front panel should be lit green), use the pointed end of a paper clip to press and hold the Reset button for

10 seconds.

formatting link
The factor default userid/password is userid/password'

formatting link
case closed.

Reply to
bighead

formatting link

formatting link

What's at the other end of the paperclip?

Reply to
Fred

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.