Acer laptop not detecting Wireless network.

I have an ACER laptop with Atheros Network Adaptor card. Its not detecting the wireless networks in my flat, though my friend's laptop is detecting. I've checked the Network adaptor is enabled. what should i do? let me know if anybody can help me out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Smita
Loading thread data ...

Assumes that it does work and show other peoples networks.

Some Atheros cards may only be set for channels 1-11 so higher channels may not be available.

If your network is on a channel above 11 then it is possible your laptop card is setup for just channels 1 to 11, you need to go into its properties/ configure and see if there are any Regional settings for channels available, may be listed channels 1-11,1-12 or 1-14, or may show ETS, try ETS which is europe settings I think, or it may state countries.

Alternative change your wireless lan router to channel 6 and see if that works, and make sure you are broadcasting the SSID

Download Netstumbler and see what that comes up with. Since typing the above I have found some more info.

I Have just tried the following on my Acer and confirm that it does work, However you must make sure you put it in the correct enum, see text between ++++++ signs.

If you do not know what you are doing then DON'T !!!!!!! you are changing the registry.

formatting link
note last entry..... copied below

Posted - 10/23/2006 : 11:46:57

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Just a short comment for those of you struggling with the missing domain settings: The entire registry branch "ccode" is not included with the Atheron driver.

I managed to extract it from a Netgear WG511T registry key and after importing it in my Atheron equipped laptop I am able to change the region code in advanced settings of the driver.

+++++++++++Just make sure that you assign correct device number to the registry branch (mine was 0009) of your Atheron driver before importing this- you must edit the registry import script below to suit your settings.+++++++++

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Class\\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}\\0009\\NDI\\params\\ccode] "ParamDesc"="Regional Domain" "Base"="10" "default"="US" "type"="enum" @="GB" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Class\\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}\\0009\\NDI\\params\\ccode\\enum] "DZ"="Africa" "CN"="Asia" "AU"="Australia" "CA"="Canada" "GB"="Europe" "FR"="France" "IL"="Israel" "JP"="Japan" "MX"="Mexico" "BR"="Sourth America" "US"="United States"
Reply to
Bob L

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.