Accessing Modem Config Through Wireless Router

I've got a Buffalo Airstation WBR-G54 wireless router between my PC and my Scientific Atlanta cable modem, and I can't access the modem's configuration page because it is naturally at a private address

192.168.100.1 which will not be routed by default. This doesn't clash with the wireless router's config page at 192.168.11.1, so I wondered if it was possible to route the modem's config page through the wireless router.

Can anybody with a Buffalo Airstation give me a clue here? Can it be done? For example, I've looked at the Buffalo Airstation's packet filter page, and I've entered a rule to accept IP address 192.168.100.1 but that doesn't work.

Reply to
Dave Farrance
Loading thread data ...

Actually this shouldn't be a problem. I have always been able to access my CM's config page, which is exactly the same, through any of the routers I've tried (USR, 3Com, SMC, Actiontec).

It should "just work". Don't set up any special rules, just go into your browser and type in http://192.168.100.1. Do check that you haven't configured either IE or the router to do anything special for this addy, it isn't needed. Mark McIntyre

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.