Access Problem

Hello!

I have a problem in accessing the wireless that I have at home.

I use a range extender of Sitecom, connected to the modem, and used as access point with autentication WEP, 64 bit.

I have no problem to get access to the wireless with my laptop. It asks me for the login and then I can use internet with no problems.

With my desktop I cannot connect to the wireless despite I can see it among all the wireless that are around my place.

I have an HP Pavilion (Windows Vista) with an internal USB wireless

802.11 b/g adaptor, with an external antenna. I can see all the wireless of my neghbours and also mine. When I try to connect to my neighbours' wireless, it asks me for the password but then I cannot complete the login because of course I don't have the password. But at least the procedure works. When I try to connect to mine, is says that it's not possible to connect, without even asking for the login. Why? Is there any setup of the range extender that I need to modify? I also tried to use another usb wireless adapter: OK with laptop, same problem with desktop.

thanx

max

Reply to
adelron99
Loading thread data ...

I have had problems with Mac computers using WEP also w/ vista. Try using the WEP key and not the passphrase. It's fine once setup right but If it's possilbe use WPA which is better and easier as long as all clients support it and that should fix any current and future auth problems. hope that helps.

Reply to
bman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.