About Network Stumbler

Hello I have a tinsy question, and to cut it short: What does Network Stumbler do?

I can see it detects networks, and that works fine but what can you do once you've found a particular network? Let's say if one were to try to gain access to one's own network in order to test security, because that's something which musn't go wrong in my job.

But I digress,

thanks in advanced

Reply to
Samael
Loading thread data ...

As you've seen it detects networks and allows you to make graphs of signal strength versus time. I use that feature for doing quick-n-dirty site surveys (nope, the signal pretty much goes away in your family room, we're going to need to move the AP or add another one in this end of the house.)

Can't help you with breaking into (even your own) networks, the subject has no interest for me. Turn on WPA with a non-dictionary key and spend your time on more useful pursuits.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.