A little OT, help internet radio

Hi guys, I have a Tangent Quattro MKII internet radio. First, I love it. Second, don't get one if you like building antennas, amps, phasers and other devices for listening to AM and SW radio signals. An internet radio will take away all the incentive you had!

I can listen to many broadcast stations no problem there.

I now want to try listening to podcasts that I have downloaded to my computer. I'm lost and over my head.

The first thing the manual says is. Power up the rad... No I'm past that!

1. Please ensure that your PC is available on the network for your Internet Radio, Then, using Internet Explorer, locate the folder where the audio files are stored.

How do I ensure that my PC is available on the network?

Thanks, Mikek

PS.

I'm sure to have more questions, so here is the user manual, for future use.

The information I'm using starts on page 21.

formatting link

Reply to
amdx
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

I must have set up an RSS feed sometime ago, I have 10 or so podcasts that are in my bookmarks folder. How do I move them to a folder that I can share (per the manual) I can not share them from the bookmarks folder. (no option for that) Thanks, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Looks like they're not advertising that model on their web pile any more. I can see why. It doesn't support DLNA.

Make sure the firewall exceptions allow UPNP and file sharing. Looks like it uses UPNP only via Windoze Media Player 11. The instructions for setting up media sharing start in the middle of Pg 24. I think it automatically sets up the firewall rules, so you may not need to play with those.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.