802.11b bandwidth fluctuation?

Hi all...

Am having a problem with my 802.11b connection. At regular, periodic intervals (probably 60-120 seconds, though I haven't timed it precisely), the throughput I get drops down to nearly zero, then climbs back up, then down, ad infinitum - if I use a bandwidth graphing tool (such as the statistics tab in Azureus) the result looks more or less like a sawtooth graph.

I live in an apartment building, and I know that there are at least two or three other access points nearby - not sure if they are 802.11b, g, or something else. Might there be some sort of interference from these that are causing this issue?

I know its not my DSL connection itself, as if I plug my computer directly into the router via 10 Base T, the problem dissapears, so I think it must be some sort of interference, but I'm not sure.

If any one has any suggestions as to what I might try in order to alleviate this problem, I'd be very grateful to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
skull_leader7
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.