802.11a/b/g PCMCIA card with support for 802.11a/b/g

Hi,

Can i know if there is a any product meeting the above requirement. If so, can i know the product, its better if it comes with a chipset that supports promiscuous mode.

greenhorn.

Reply to
Greenhorn
Loading thread data ...

I suspect that you mean, is there a Wireless Access Point or Wireless Router that handles all three 802.11 modes (a/b/g). I saw a Wireless Access Point on Ebay that handled all three. Unfortunately, it was rather expensive. Sorry I can't remember the make.

Good luck.

Fred

Reply to
Fred Atkinson

~ Hi, ~ ~ Can i know if there is a any product meeting the above requirement. ~ If so, can i know the product, its better if it comes with a chipset ~ that supports promiscuous mode. ~ ~ greenhorn.

First I assume that by "PCMCIA" you really mean Cardbus. (PCMCIA was an older PC card standard which does not provide enough bandwidth for "54Mbps" 11a/11g applications.)

There are many Cardbus cards that support 802.11a/b/g including the Cisco Aironet CB21AG and the Linksys WPC55AG.

Next question is about promiscuous mode. Assuming you're using Windows, the main issue there is that Windows drivers normally prevent promiscuous operation. There exist for-$$ wireless packet capture software packets (such as the relatively inexpensive Commview for Wifi) that will allow a Windows PC promiscuously to capture wireless packets. I am not aware of any such free software worth mentioning.

Regards,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Of course. Netgear has at least one

formatting link

You'll have to do some digging...

/daytripper

Reply to
daytripper

Hi, there were a few mistakes in my last mail, i am looking for

802.11a/b/g 'PC card' with support for '802.11h', it should better support promiscuous mode. Thanks

greenhorn.

Aar> >

requirement.

chipset

Reply to
Greenhorn

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.