802.11A AP

~ Does any one know a a AP that supports 802.11A only, or a A/B/G one that ~ can have the 2.4G transeiver turned off? If found severa A only ~ AP's online but none of them are sold anymore. ~ ~ The best would be one that supports PoE ~ ~ We want to use wireless for some of our stuff here, but we are a R&D ~ company wokring on 2.4G wireless products and the do not want the 2.4G ~ band flodded while they test our products. ~ ~ -Dan

Our AP1200 can be bought with just an 802.11a radio. although if you don't need the removable antennas, you could use an AP1130AG and just turn off the

2.4GHz radio - this would be cheaper (and prettier!)

1130AG:

formatting link
Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard
Loading thread data ...

Have a Proxim 4000 that will turn off either radio, or both ( if you really need that )

I believe that there is a PoE kit, you will have to ask Proxim..

I do have an *old* Linksys with card I might be willing to part with. Remove '.invalid' from the reply if you need to chat.

todh

Reply to
OldGuy

Does any one know a a AP that supports 802.11A only, or a A/B/G one that can have the 2.4G transeiver turned off? If found severa A only AP's online but none of them are sold anymore.

The best would be one that supports PoE

We want to use wireless for some of our stuff here, but we are a R&D company wokring on 2.4G wireless products and the do not want the 2.4G band flodded while they test our products.

-Dan

Reply to
Dan

: Does any one know a a AP that supports 802.11A only, or a A/B/G one that : can have the 2.4G transeiver turned off? If found severa A only : AP's online but none of them are sold anymore.

On Orinoco PCMCIA card you can turn off/on any radio you want, so I think it's possible on Proxim/Lucent/Avaya AP's. (I'm not 100% sure)

m.

Reply to
Marcin Lukasik

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.