Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

IBM T30 und Cisco MPI 350
Hallo, auf meinem T30 habe ich Kubuntu (Feisty Fawn 7.04) installiert (upgrade von Dapper =FCber Edgy). Unter Dapper Drake lief die WLAN-Karte mit Kwlan in Verbindung mit ndiswrapper einwandfrei(WPA)....

Wireless Interference from Other APs?
Hi all, I'm decent with technology but my wireless knowledge doesn't go much further than basic networking and I can extrapolate just a little bit more. Regardless, at my work, I've setup a wireless...

802.1X wireless connection without WEP
Hello, Please, does anyone know if it is possible to programatically connect (via Native WiFi) with Vista Wireless to an AP with configuration 802.1X but without static WEP and without dynamic WEP...

802.1X wireless connection without WEP
Hello, Please, does someone know if it is possible to connect with Vista Wirless to an AP with configuration 802.1X but without static WEP and without dinamic WEP (without encryptation only with...

nlos wifi?
Does anyone have experience with nlos wifi internet? if so, what was your success and with what equipment? Ron

Wireless PING Q
I have cable modem wired to the WAN side of my wireless router. Router gets its IP address, say x.y.z.q from the modem (DHCP). If I am on the wireless LAN and I ping x.y.z.q does the reply come from...

Print-server/usb-printer compatibility
Seems one show-stopper is "host-based" or "gdi" printing process where host cpu does most of the work, running print-driver. Like "Winprint"ers of days past. I've one such- HP LJ 1018- tried to set up...

Linksys router and torrent downloads - help me understand the log.
Hi there, I am hoping someone who knows a bit about linksys routers can explain something to me. Me and my 2 other flatmates are having to reset the router every few days becaue it just stops working....

Home Plug Question
Do these things have built-in surge protection? I ask because I live in Orlando and we are the lightning capital of the world. I also have seen you cannot plug these units into UPS's either, which is...

FTP and WPA problem
My Acer Aspire 3003 laptop works fine when connected using the inbuilt Ethernet port for all applications including FTP uploads using SmartFTP or a an FTP program built into some application software...

Wireless AP's query?
I know this is an odd request, and I don't know if i'm in the correct group, but i'm trying to plan out a wireless network - can anyone answer the following question? Indoors, in an open space 802.11g...

Wireless AP's query?
I know this is an odd request, and I don't know if i'm in the correct group, but i'm trying to plan out a wireless network - can anyone answer the following question? Indoors, in an open space 802.11g...

Cheap Laptops Guide - How to Buy Brand New Laptop Computers for Cheap
Laptop computers are so essential these days for most people. Buying a good laptop should be a priority for almost anybody. But since technology keeps changing so fast, any laptop computer you buy...

WiFi Direction and Locator
I need a simple way to find wifi locations in my RV. I need this to be very directional and not connected to my laptop. (I have a high-powered Buffalo wifi card in my laptop and a very...

ZyAir 2000 G Does it support VPN ?
Can I use a VPN connection with a wireless connection through this router ? (Vpn passthrough) G-2000 Plus v2 Focused on innovation and customer-centricity, Zyxel Communications connects people to the...