Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

getting good range .. - ditching USB wireless adaptor. What PCI one?
I have a MIMO 802.11g router, and USB wireless adaptor. range is insufficient. I measured signal to noise ratio in netstumbler on the comp with the usb thing. It went from -85dbi to -95dbi and...

Has anyone tried "fixing" a WRT54G v.3...
that doesn't "rout" anymore? (Good signal output, but no internet) Thanks all. ---AVG Certified Virus-Free---

Intel Pro Wireless
Hi Does anyone have issues with the Intel Pro Wireless Software and windows Vista. Cant seem to get the software to work. Constant error message "iconvrtr.exe" program error. Anyone with a similar...

The Triple Play
Comcast, Time Warner and Charter are offering, Internet, phone and IPTV bundled together. You may find that the monthly fees are less than having two or three different providers. They are also...

promoting free wifi via a directory and more
i make this directory available for use when you are offline looking for a way to go online for free. In addition to making this available to users, I am lobbying food, hotel and other locations to...

POP server of Hotmail
I want to know that is there any pop server of hotmail and what's it's address!! Actually was using the gmail faclity of mail retrival from other mail id's. The pop address of yahoo and gmail worked...

Laptop antenna stopped working
Hi, does anybody know how to troubleshoot antennas in laptops?? For some reason my laptop no longer picks up any networks even though I know they are definately in range. If fixing the antenna is not...

Help, can not send mail via my router, I think port setting
Hi all, I am new to router setting. Please help. I use my notebook and Outlook Express to send/receive e-mail in my company, the Outlook express port setting "In the advanced tag" is Outgoing STMP -...

EW-7206APg Wireless LAN Access Point
Hi I recently bought this product and my query is regarding Fast Roaming Threshold option in advanced settings. I wanted to disable Broadcast ESSID and IAPP options, but when I clicked on apply it...

AIUTO! NETGEAR CON LIBERO ABSOLUTE- NAVIGA SOLO SU ALCUNI SITI
Buongiorno a tutti, mi chiamo Elena e scrivo da Genova, ho bisogno dell' aiuto della comunità. per configurare correttamente il mio METGEAR netgear dg834gt .. Da ieri, infatti, ho installato a casa...

Boost Reception for a Remote Laptop
Any ideas on how to boost a marginal reception for a Laptop with a wireless lid antenna receiving from a standard D-Link G Router. It is an internal antenna in the lid of the laptop. I have suggested...

Linksys Wireless-G Router and VPN
Compaq Presario notebook computer OS Win XP Pro Cisco VPN Client ver 4.8.00.0440 VPN problem: When connecting to the router using standard Cat 5 network cabeling, I can authenticate to the remote...

NEWS: Breaking WEP in minutes, or even seconds
... Many home internet users rely on an encryption system called Wireless Equivalent Protection (WEP) to stop others using their wi-fi link, even though WEP has long been known to be flawed. In early...

Wireless data pricing by type of data -- coming soon to a carrier near you?
"Vodafone's new pricing model excludes VoIP and P2P" ... Vodafone's new pricing model ( for data comes in on 1 June and at a glance seems fair enough - if you use less than 0.5MB in a day you're...

BEFw11S4 and firmware
I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 v2. I can't the flash to hold. I want to change the default IP address of 192.168.1.1 to 192.158.2.1. The router won't restart after I make the change. Is there a way to...