Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Security with Netgear 614 WPA + TKIP
I friend of mine just got a netgear 614 that only had WPA + TKIP available as its highest option. I turned off SID Broadcasting. I had hoped netgear would ship these routers with WPA2 + AES, maybe...

10dbi antenna, useless
Hi all i bought a pci 10dbi omni antenna, it said it will increase 250%-300%. But i don't see any different either the range or the signal strong. from Peter (

long distance wi-fi
Using DSL to wireless Linksys 54g router, want to send this signal a block and half. Anyone with experience in boosters and yaggi antennas?

Enterprise wireless network multiple ssids
Im considering a wireless network to cover a large varied office environment which has meeting rooms dotted all over in various locations, there is a large open plan section that is double ceiling...

~~~~FREE broadband service availability check~~~~
Many broadband Internet providers are offering great monthly rates as well as free hardware and cash back. To check servie availability visit http://www.dsldance.com

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless Wiki with Google: Main article:...

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

Linksys WRT54GL + modem/router?
I've been using a Billion modem/router up until now, but wanted to go wireless. I bought a Linksys WRT54GL because it came recommended from a few friends...but now I can't get it to work. with...

802.11: Works great for one minute, then stalls for one minute
Hi, I have a problem which I've encountered on two different computers, on two different wireless 802.11b/g networks, so I suspect it might be a generic issue with 802.11 networks. For example, I'd...

Does your WRE54G version 1 update to 1.06.05?
I have been having a problem with the WRE54G. I decided to update it from version 1.06 it shows displayed on the status page at 192.168.1.240. I have done Linksys upgraded before and this one was...

802.11b security.
I've recently learned (old news to the people here I'm sure) that WEP encryption on 802.11b networks sucks and may be worthless. What, if anything, can be done to shore up the security on this kind of...

why this modem is so powerful?
Hi Why this 802.11b radio modem ( can transfer date up to 6 miles but my 802.11b router can only 50meters? thanks from Peter ( http://www.data-linc.com/fastlinc/fastlinc810e.htm

Is there anything better than Atheros mini pci wifi?
I currently have an Atheros AR5212A minipci wifi card installed in my T23 laptop. I ran my own coax cables to two Linksys 7dbi antennas on the back of the LCD. Works OK but sometimes I have to get...

Configuration and networking of WET54g to macintosh
I need help configuring a Linksys WET54g and getting it on my Mac network. I am trying to attach this Ethernet bridge to a Slingbox which is remote from my iMac and wireless router. I seem to be...

why antenna work?
Hi I want to buy a wifi antenna for my 802.11g router, but the antenna will not amplify the signal, so why it works? thanks from Peter (