Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

slow DSL / faint line
Not sure if this is the right forum/newsgroup as I don't think the issue is with the wireless element! BT line TOK, so BT will not take a fault?.......using a Netgear DG834GT, Connection staus ADSL...

Enterprise wireless site survery _ best practice question (partial survey)
Hello all, we are looking to roll out wireless for voip and handhelds around our environment however senior management are leery about the cost of a site survey and so they want to do it in pieces,...

Wireless connection times out
I am sharing a wireless connection with my neighbour and while she hasn't experienced any problems, my connection has been exhibiting a perculiar behavior. While streaming or existing programs such as...

join a wireless network and have a router - how?
An Ethernet Bridge/Converter does this, I use a Buffalo WLI-TX4-G54HP: Buy BUFFALO WLI-TX4-G54HP Wireless-G MIMO Performance Ethernet Converter IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11b/g Ethernet Port Up to...

Timer Issue with DD-WRT v23SP2
I hope this isn't too off-topic for the group... I have a Buffalo WHR-G54S running DD-WRT v23 SP2 firmware. For the most part, this setup is great. (The DD-WRT firmware has been quite the "breath of...

HE102 flashing power light
I have recently purchased a Netgear HE102 802.11a WAP. I first got it and fired it up and went to reset to factory defaults via the reset button. When it came back, the power light stayed on for about...

Dell Dimension 4100 Wireless
Does anyone have a Dell Dimension 4100 desktop running wireless? I put in a Linksys 54 G Wireless-G 802.11g PCI adapter and the Dell doesn't see it. Any help is appreciated.

Panasonic internet camera BL-C30A resets
I have two cameras at house #2, which I bought new from Amazon. They will work for extended periods of time, say, several weeks, then I can't access them from my computer at house #1. I'm thinking...

NEWS: Mobile TV predicted to be a hit
TV could overtake gaming and music as the consumer's favoured application for mobile phones, according to research. Services in Japan, South Korea and Italy are attracting millions, confounding...

WEP key wrong and static IP address setting
Hi, In Windows, if AP A's WEB key is 1111111111, but I input the WEP key to 2222222222 and set the IP address to static , say 192.168.1.3. The windows will connect to AP A, and it reports connect...

Need help installing a WPNT511 wireless card, in Linux.
Date: May 5, 2007 From: David Lee Evans Email Address: hud website: Subject: Need help installing a WPNT511 wireless card, in Linux. Hello, perhaps somebody can help me solve a problem that I am...

Port to open for Blackberry
[i posted this over at the ng, and they told me to post this "to the professionals over at "] We run a Novell Groupwise server that had been connected directly to the internet using one of its NICs....

Wireless router as Wireless NIC
Is it possible to set Wireless router to work as plain wireless network card? I have Linux on one PC, and it doesn't recognize my WLAN card. I would like to connect that Linux PC with UTP cable to one...

DLink DWL-G122 Failure then unable to reinstall
I hope somone can help me with a wireless problem I am having. I bought a DLink DWL-G122 H/W Ver:C1 a couple of weeks ago and installed it from the supplied CD. After a bit of fiddling about, it...

Noob questions
Hello, don't know much about wireless yet, so can someone please tell me if these are possible: 1) I want to connect a (normally) *wired* IP ethernet camera to a wired router about 80m away clear line...