Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Trust routers - any good?
My router is a Trust Speedshare Turbo Pro. Are there any known issues with Trust routers? I've been having some problems with mine, e.g.: It often reboots when two or more machines try to use it at...

Need source for N-type connector
Building some antennas for a Maryland State Park, but I can't seem to find a source for a female N-type panel-mount connector. Everybody sells the model that has a 1 inch square mounting flange. I...

+=// Free High Speed Internet
- You too can get High speed internet for free see more for details http://scargo.in

Printing to a networked printer
I used to have my printer connected to the wifi router/4-port switch and was able to print from my laptop (with wifi) to it. Last week we switched from phone line DSL to fiber optic bundled...

Multipul USB cords
Is there a device to connect multiple USB cords (16 footers) together, and will it degrade the signal. I'm in the basement with a desktop and not getting a very good signal. I need to gain height....

NEWS: EarthLink scales back, focuses muni Wi-Fi effort
EarthLink Inc. is pulling in the reins on its municipal Wi-Fi business, focusing on existing deals and big cities for the rest of this year in a move that raises questions about the growing trend of...

Powerline network adapters
I know this is not strictly wireless, but powerline adapters are alternatives to wireless for home networking. I am buying an older large house. I am pretty sure that my single WRT54G will not cover...

XP Home Share Access Failure
XP Home, Spack 2, on a Dell Inspiron 8200 and Airlink101 3026T 802.11g card w/ WPA-PSK security). I can share files on the home LAN from another Dell laptop, but never this one. File Sharing is...

Wireless network security setup help.
I have just set up a wireless network at home between my desktop and laptop. Using a D-link adsl2+router (DSLG6424T). Everything is working as it should but I'm trying to secure it properly. The...

link up two 802.11g router?
Hi All Is it possible to link up two 802.11g router? thanks from Peter (

How safe is my wireless home network
Hello, I have recently set up a home wireless network using a adsl2+router which was supplied by my isp. Which I have set up with a long wep key, not sure how great it is but just followed the manual....

Netgear WGR614v6 issue
I hope I have researched this issue long enough to justify a post here. wireless router has 4 ports for non-wireless 100Mbps connections. All pcs and laptops have WindowsXP w/SP2 and latest updates. I...

G or N?
I'm about to upgrade my wireless network. Wondering if I could - as a completely average user - tell the difference between g (or so-called super-g) and draft-n? There's certainly a significant...

Wireless card and Wireless router
Hi, I have a desktop with normal ethernet card (which connects to internet) and am buying a laptop with wireless card. 1) Do i need to buy a wireless router to connect my laptop to the desktop ? or...

Linksys Wireless Router Problem
I have a 2.4 Ghz Wireless-B BEFW11S4 Linksys router with a cable modem. The router has been working well for almost two years. However, the wireless feature now no longer seems to be working, though I...