Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What is the Fastest wireless channel?
Hi, I was wondering if it matters which channel I set my Linksys router? Maybe I am crazy but it seems faster on channel 11 and slower on 6. Does this make sense or am I nuts? TIA

Laptops interphering with each other
Hello, I have 2 laptops, both running XP Pro SP2 at home on a 802.11g network. Individually they both receive an excellent wireless signal, however if they are both in use at the same time one...

Linksys for WimME
Linksys doesn't provide security for WinME. What do I need to keep others out. Nice and simple please. Thank You

NEWS: DirectTV turns focus to power lines for broadband
Change of heart a blow to WiMAX DirectTV CEO Chase Carey said at a conference this week that the largest US direct to home satellite provider will try out broadband over power lines in a few cities...

Quick Help Please
Hey all, So, here's the deal. I have DSL and my modem is in my living room. I bought two Netgear WGR614 v6 routers thinking I can somehow use them both to cover my entire house for wireless. I have...

wireless communication between computers
hi, I'm trying to assemble a wireless network between two computers. The maximum range is 300m. All the network will do is transfer data from a GPS plus an additional 34 bits of data from one computer...

Wireless Internet service antenna, radiation
Hello, I am considering getting Internet service through our local wireless provider. They apparently use either a parabolic antenna, or sometimes a yagi type of antenna. What kind of radiation do...

smc router and existing wired connection?
I have had a network at my factory for a few years now. We haev internet on some computers, others do not, but all computers can connect to each other. I decided to add wireless internet access so I...

Dropped Connection (Wireless)
I have a netgear router, with a usb stick attached downstairs, signal strength is fine, but the signal drops when using usenet, the transfer rate goes up to 480kb (max for 4mb connection) but drops...

Can wifi router become a "ethernet bridge"?
I have two wifi routers (each with 4 port switch (DL-614 and AR525W) that are currently not being used. I connected each of these to my ethernet port and access the setup page (at 192.168.0.1 and...

MyMozart.org - let Mozart drive your success!
have you ever imagined to exploit MOZART, one of the most popular "brands" in the world, in YOUR FAVOUR to promote your own activity, product or service? without spending huge amounts of money?...

Wireless nightmare!
I'm hoping someone can help me in this nighmare of a situation I've gotten myself into. Ok basically I have 2 laptops, one is connected to my dsl-G624T dlink adsl2 router (hard waired) then my new...

Ethereal with Intel 2200BG card
Hi all, My PC is running Ethereal v0.99 and WinPcap version 4.0. The program launches OK but it fails to capture packets. Has any body faced similar problems? What is the fix for this? As mentioned my...

Trying to get above 4mbps with 802.11b (old equip). Help.
Router: Netgear BEFW11S4, firmware=1.45.10 (802.11b) Client: 2wire Wireless Ethernet Client (802.11b) Problem: router is one story above client. Exactly above it, give or take 2 feet. The fastest I...

2 Questions about Broadcom network adapter
While researching an *update* pop-up that I got [and denied] while at a new web site, another question arose about my laptop security. First question is, has anyone with a Broadcom 802ll.g ever gotten...