Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

WRT54GS as WAP
Thanks in advance for any help. I currently use a WRT54GS as a wireless router. I have 2 PC's that are in rooms connected by wire and would like to move the WRT54GS to the other computer. I bought a...

Problems connecting
I have just purchased a new windows vista Home Premium Laptop Toshiba A100 Equium. I have a BT VOYAGER 2100 router.....when connected to router with ethernet i can surf, but does not recognise any...

Problem AP utility doesnt see AP
I have D-link 700 AP for wireless connection from my lan (i got fixed IP) I can correctly connect to desktop pc and laptops in my house but... I cannot configure AP Mangaer utility in order to set a...

Need Help to Set Up Wireless Network
Hi, I am new here and I wish to set up my first wireless network. I am looking for a system that is as simple and as reliable as possible with no dead spots. I have been looking at some wireless...

best satellite provider?
I currently have some idea of starband and pcdirect as satellite Internet providers -- are there any others, and which do you feel is "best"? By "best" I mean upload/download speeds, initial and...

.mobi search directory
found a new .mobi search directory just for .mobi website at http://www.xops.mobi

NEWS: Wi-fi and RFID used for tracking

Question on Airlink AWLL3026 USB wireless adaptor
I am aware that some people use Airlink AWLL3026 with Linux but is it for Linux only? I tried using it on an XP box and I didn't see any network. Tthere should be a few on this block - I have seen...

Wireless AM analog internet connections?
Hi: What would be the disadvantages of using analog amplitude modulation [similar to AM radio] at 300 MHz frequency for wireless internet connections? Let's say the modulator signal is attenuated [to...

More questions on tuning my wireless network...
I compiled some other questions I can't get any answer to. (either I am not asking them right, or no one really knows)

How to tell if excessive collisions occur?
I have 2 WRT54GL APs set-up in WDS configuration. I would like to know if they are experiencing collisions while communicating. How do I do it? I'm running dd-wrt on them both.

NEWS: Half of Wi-Fi hotspot money is wasted
Wireless hotspot usage is climbing, but more than half of the money spent on ad-hoc hotspot access is wasted, according to a survey by Wi-Fi roaming company Trustive. The company said its research...

Wireless Card for HP Pavillion ZE5700
A colleague of mine owns an HP Pavillion ZE5700 notebook PC. She would like to know if she can install a wireless card. Does anyone have any experience with this? So far, a Web search has only yielded...

NEWS: Siemens to resell Wi-Fi locator tech
Electronics behemoth Siemens will partner with Finnish firm Ekahau to resell the Nordic developer's crafty Wi-Fi location technology. Ekahau's trick is to locate a Wi-Fi-enabled PDA, computer, Voice...

NEWS: Wi-Fi Poaching Draws Fine
A Michigan man has been fined US$400 and must work 40 hours of community service for using a local café's Wi-Fi connection from his parked car to check his e-mail and surf the Web. He got off easy,...