Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Unique Situation
I am looking for a wireless router G+ that has a power switch on it instead of just the cord. I am needing to set it up in a photo studio that has 2.4Ghz wireless flash lighting set up and don't want...

access ocean buoy readings from cell phone ...
I bought a samsung cell phone that can access wml type mobile websites. I was thinking of setting up a free web site that you can go to with a regular computer and set up a profile with just email/...

Vista conection problem?
Posted this earlier in a M$ group with no replies (I think mine was the only post in the group! :(...) Home network layout DSL --> router front w/wireless(DHCP) --> router back w/wireless (Access...

Wireless Encryption Type In Outbound Packets? Enforcing Wireless Connection Type
Recently one of my clients had an internal breach of security (a direct result of not implimenting a recommendation we made, I might add). As part of a post-incident debriefing conference an issue was...

WRE54G LinkSys Expander
Has someone figures out how to make this worK The config portion of the "setup" software answers "No connexion found"

WRT54G Firmware Upgrade
Since WRT54G firmware upgrade from 2.2 (I think) to V4.21.1 I no longer have access to my laptop files no matter what I try. Internet access is OK, signal is very good, all firewalls have been turned...

802.11 Direction Finding
Hi, For a while now, I've been tracking an intruder to my WEP-encrypted home wlan. As snails tend to leave slimy tcp/udp trails, I have a rough idea of what I'm dealing with by now. The rouge signal...

Bloody 7db mag mount antennas from eBay!
These were both said to be 7db antennas for 2.4ghz.. The cost the same and both came from Hong Kong. An email sent back to the seller of the 4.5db looking ant was no good as he thinks its a perfect...

detached garage about 110' away
I have set up an office in a detached garage about 110' away from the computer and its DSL connection. There is a phone line running between the computer that is located in the house, and the detached...

No network after firmware upgrade
Just upgraded the firmware on my Netgear WGR614 v.1 so I could get WPA security (old firmware had only WEP). Now I have no internet and network connection on 2 wireless PCs (running Win2k and Vista)....

Could Wi-Fi be bad for your health?
Here is a recent story from the possible harmfull effects of Wi-Fi. video program can be viewed by clicking on the link in the upper right side of this story. Is Wi-Fi a danger?

Tyco Wireless Routers
I have a Tyco Dual Band Wireless Access Point (Model 0-1591700-x) that is giving me enormous problems. Before I throw the thing against the wall and declare it a P.O.S. I wanted to find some reviews...

Verizon, Cingular data access frequencies
Hello: I am trying to find out the operating frequencies for Cingular and Verizon's cellular Internet services, that are used with the PCMCIA (laptop) cards. Basically I'm trying to find a high gain...

TrendNet TEW 432BRP dropping connection
Hi everyone ! I have a 432rbp sharing internet to 5 notebooks with a speedstrem 5200 connection. No 2.4ghz phone and no microwave near... The problem: there are too many drops.... My notebook connect...

WRT54G as a gaming hub
Hey all :) Im planning a gaming meet with some of my friends and plan to use xbox 360's and system link. The topography will be 8 systems split into two seperate rooms. One of my friends has an 8 port...