Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Access resources on wired network
Hi, I have a Trendnet TEW-610APB MIMO Wireless Access Point device connected to the Trendnet TW100-BRV304 Cable/DSL Advanced VPN Firewall Router. Everything is working fine. Can I get the computers...

Setting a password on a shared directory in Windows XP
How do I set a password on a shared directory in Windows XP? Maybe this is the wrong group to ask.?

Improving personal security with Coffee Shop WIFI networks?
I travel often and work from my laptop at coffee shops with T-mobile WIFI and/or free WIFI networks. Like most people I am concerned about security. I use a personal firewall - Zone Alarm. However...

Regulatory Alert - anyone's still using 802.11a?
Could be of interest to those deploying wireless in 5.25-5.35Ghz band Excerpts from Proxim memo: Regulatory Alert A new FCC regulation will impact the sale of radios operating in the 5.25-5.35 GHz...

Can Routers Ruin Wireless Headphones?
A phenomenon has occurred at an elderly relative's house where wireless Internet service was just installed. Two perfectly fine RCA headsets used to amp up the volume (partially deaf) have stopped...

Do any wireless pci cards have 64bit vista drivers?
I checked everything available at circuit city and nothing seemed to have 64 bit vista drivers when I checked vendor sites for the cards they had for sale. This is for an HP a6040n computer with Vista...

Motorola PTP 400 Ethernet Bridge
Hello, I have been looking for a decent wireless solution to extend my ethernet across a street with some tree blockage, likely some fog obstruction (location: Watsonville, CA), and minimal...

NetBSD i386 wireless - what's needed?
Greetings, and apologies for the multi-post; We are running NetBSD 3.1 on i386 architecture and wish to join our LAN with a wireless ISP using 2.4GHz 802.11b/g. We'd like to use an antenna such as due...

How to test wireless problem?
I'm having intermittent wireless troubles between my R51 Thinkpad and the wireless router. The Thinkpad works fine with the router as long as an ethernet cable is directly connected. When I see the...

Wireless Print Server Problems--Jeff are you there?
The Ethernet port on my OfficeJet flaked out, so I decided to use a D-Link DP-G321 Print Server that I had, which worked the last time I used it. I set up the print server with a local IP address of...

Frequency Incompaitiblity?
I have a Linksys WRT54GSV2 wireless router which is 2.4GHz. I have it set to Wireless Channel 11 which is 2.462GHz. I have always had conneciton problems in a pretty close location around my fathers...

Bizarre inability to access Google-related websites from a particular location
I have an issue that is absolutely perplexing me; hoping the greater collective knowledge of this group can come to the rescue. I have two homes, one in mexico (satellite internet connection through a...

Monitoring my home netowrk
Im looking for software that I can use to monitor the traffic on my Home network I havea linksys wrt54g router .. and have 1 pc connected -wired 1 pc connected - wireless 1 xbox - wireless 1 laptop -...

Bleutooth Training in San Diego?
I am looking for a BT training class similar to this one in the San Diego area. http://www.besserassociates.com/outlinesOnly.asp?CTID=104

Wireless & Microwaves
We have two WL Access Points at different ends of the building. One is located within a few feet of the staff kitchen and I think I've noticed that clients using that access point sometimes have their...