3.03.1 firmware gpl source available?

As far as I can tell, 3.01.3 is the latest firmware that can be downloaded at ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/

Maybe 3.03.1 is a typo...

-Yves

Reply to
Yves Konigshofer
Loading thread data ...

Do worry about whether you have the latest firmware or not ... if the thing works fine I always leave it alone.

Ted Nolan wrote:

Reply to
gekco

I just got at wrt54g v2.2 and find that it's loaded with firmware 3.03.1

The latest I see at linksys

formatting link
is 3.01.3

Am I missing something or is 3.03.1 not GPLed?

Thanks,

Ted

Reply to
Anonymous

Maybe, but the router status page says:

v3.03.1, Oct. 18, 2004

which is a pretty recent date. The 'release' directory on 3.1.03 seems to be dated 30 Sep 04, and the name the whole tree extracts into: 'WRT54G_3_01_3_0922' suggests it was frozen on 22 Sep...

Ted

Reply to
Anonymous

And if the new firmware fixes some sort of hacker exploitable bug?

Reply to
Beretta

Reply to
gekco

Are you brain dead?

Reply to
Beretta

No just saving people a lot of headaches when they really dont need to do stuff just because they think its needed.

Reply to
gekco

security issues yes of course but bugs all depends if its bugging you. All firmware identify what issues they are correcting. If its not anything your haveing a problem with then again I say if its not broke dont mess with it. No need to update stuff just because someone tells you to. Ive owned quite a few routers in my time and have yet to update the firmware. They have always worked fine form the get go. Problems have always been differnt settings in the OS and configurations.

Reply to
gekco

BTW, I have had a note from linksys saying they don't have a 3.03.1 firmware, and to use 3.01.3.

Since the router definitely reports that it's runnin 3.03.1, I suspect there is a simple transposition typo somewhere.

Ted

Reply to
Anonymous

That is the kind of mentality that is responsible for all the infected windows machines on the internet. Manufacturers don't release firmware updates for no reason. They release because a security problem or bug has been discovered.

Reply to
Beretta

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.