Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Help with WRT54G v2 and Cantenna
Hi this is my first post here so please bare with me. At my house they do not offer high-speed internet but about a quarter of a mile away they have public wifi. So after reading off net I built a...

Losing connectivity laptop to wireless router
Hi, Maybe there's a setting I don't know about. I have a Netgear WGT 624 v3 router, and 2 desktops connected with Ethernet cable. I also have a laptop which I connect wirelessly to the router, when I...

Verizon DSL and WRT54GL
Hi all I'll try and keep this brief. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Friend leaves for Iraq i setup wireless network for him before he leaves as i have done for myself and others many times. He...

Satellite internet to West Africa...
Hi, Is rhere somebody here who has information about available satellite internet providers (2-way) to West Africa? What has evolved since 2001 when I last checked this? Thanks for comments, and hints...

Detecting unwanted home wireless network connections from your neighbors
Does anyone of software to tell HOW MANY connections are to your home wireless router? I am setting up my very first wireless router and I would like to know when someone has connected to my network...

Intel 3945ABG (the centrino adapter) in "monitor mode"?
Hi Does anyone know how to set my Intel 3945ABG network adapter in monitor mode? If possible, it would be great to be able to get this done on Windows.. Thanks Zach

First time home wireless - how to match PC to router - setup question
How would you match up the seemingly different NAMES for security protocols between my PC and my wireless router? I am hooking up my first wireless PC at home and I am confused about which matching...

Wireless to Linksys PAP2 Vonage
I'm quietly posting wrong answers to newsgroups and mailing lists when my Skype phone rings. It's a friend doing the vacation thing in Puerto Vallarta. She has a Vonage (Linksys PAP2) VoIP router that...

Using email clients when postign in google ngs
Is there any security issues that should be a concern with using Outlook Express or any other mail clients? My home network is with 40 characters passphrase (WPA). Any recommendation on mail clients?

Non-admin user can not access Internet
Hello, I own two of AirLink USB wireless adapters. (Model numbers are AWLL3026/NA and AWLL3025/NA.) OS Used: Windows XP Professional SP2 and WinXP Home SP2 They work fine when the user is logged in as...

Airport extreme network problem
We have a pc and a macbook pro. An apple airport extreme base station is connected to the broadband modem and we have a wireless network. everything worked fine. I changed the wap code to a wep code...

network (& wifi) primer needed
Greetings, 1st, I'd like to ask if there's a good on-line primer or even a book that can bring a novice (or someone who's been out of touch for a couple of decades) up to at least a walking speed on...

Do what I mean, not what I say.
It was a nice day in Santa Cruz until the cell phone rang announcing that one of my coffee shop wireless customers has a malfunctional wireless router. I asked them to "reset the router" by pulling...

Intel 2200BG Wifi / doesn't auto connect on powering on the machine / HP Laptop
Hello ! A friend of mine is using an HP Laptop, Windows XP - Home, sp2, all patches applied. The wireless card is an Intel PRO 2200BG, using the latest drivers. The software used to configure and...

Advantages of using a N Router with G Wireless Cards ?
Are there any advantages of using a wireless n router as opposed to a g router in terms of speed or distance when used with a g wireless adapter only ?