Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

WRT54GX2 bottlenecking internet?
Ok, i'm a bit confused as to what i should do. I bought the WRT54GX2 last year, and when plugged into the router theoretically i should get 100mbps right? Ok, so that means that there shouldn't be...

Advice? Upgrading an 802.11b Network
My home network hasn't been altered in 3 or 4 years: the cable modem connects to an SMC Barricade router. That router feeds the main desktop, an industrial networked printer, a spare desktop, and a...

1 ssid for large area
We have a very large warehouse, I was wondering what the best method to get coverage for our handheld scanners in the entire area. We could go with separate WAPs using the same SSID on different...

Digital fax
I'm wondering if anyone here has ever succeeded in receiving/sending a fax via GSM networks? It looks like that most of the GSM cellphones support the feature of digital fax, does anyone here knows...

Nextel/Sprint i760 using cell phone as a modem
Help! I am trying to set the S0 register to 1 on a cell phone modem. This is for a motorola i760 with Nextel/Sprint service. I have done this by using HyperTerminal ATS0=1 (to set autoanswer) followed...

can they hack into my computer?
Hello I've had set up WEP encryption in my home network for more than a year. Only some days ago I gave WPA a try, just out of curiousity and maybe to learn something out. The reason for me not doing...

Alternate to wireless, or is WIFI the right solution?
I have recently been bequeathed by our local phone company with a low-bandwidth DSL connection - 1.5mbs - after ten years of waiting for "high speed" service in our area. I have two buildings about...

Can't keep connection with new router
I've had a wireless/wired "network" at home for several years with a Netgear Router. The only wireless connection is to my wife's laptop in the kitchen with two grandkid's computers hard wired. The...

Vista Question
As yet I haven't got around to getting a copy of Vista so if any Vista users have tried network monitor 3.1beta how effective at monitoring and capturing wireless traffic is it?

WiFi on IBM T60 - Linux!
Hey everyone... I'm NOT a Linux-freek, but I've just found BackTracker2, and I'm very interested in trying it. But when I start BackTracker2 up on CD, I don't seem to have any WLAN-adapters......

Bad Wireless Router?
I've been having connectivity problems for months and it's driving me berserk! Situation: I have a home networking package consisting of 1 modem, 1 Linksys Wireless B router, a destop and a laptop. My...

Can the DWL-2100AP connect 2 wired clients to a DI-624?
I have a D-Link DI-624 wireless router on the first floor. I want to connect a Tivo and a PC upstairs using the DWL-2100AP. I also have a DSS-5+ switch. I tried putting the DWL-2100AP in every mode...

how to bridge two mikrotik
i have mikrotik with internet and with hotspot i`m sharing internet with others. now i make another station mikrotik and i make bridge between them. i have ping in either ways but i don`t have...

Improving reception
My daughters moved out of college for the summer into a student hostel. They have a wireless network but her room is furthest away and the reception is very poor. She can only just see the network to...

First time home wireless
I have a Belkin F5D8231-4 v3000 router setup in my bedroom. In the next room over (12 feet at the most) through drywall I have a desktop using a Belkin F5D8001 v1000 wireless card. Last night I was...