Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wireless equipments choosing help needed
Hi, My name is Saeesh Pai Vaidya & I work in D-Link india Ltd as senior engineer R&D department.We are in process of developing an Wireless router so i wanted to buy the wireless testing tools for the...

Hacking Linksys WET11 to 200mw, who else?
I have become aware that I could open up the Linksys WET11 , ethernet bridge. Unplug the pcmcia card (100mw) that is inside and replace it with the senao 200mw card. Does anyone know if there is any...

Can't Connect to Secured Network
I have a Dell Dimension running XP Pro with a D-Link wireless card that has recently been moved to a new office. In the old office it connected with no problem to the wireless network that was secured...

Geospatial Annotation Project
This is my first post to this ng, please bare with me if the topic is not germaine. I represent a group of investors seeking input, developer participation and open source collaboration on a...

wireless USB adapter?
I bought a Netgear router and had problems installing it,I could not get an internet connection through the router but I am ready to give up trying to make it work. I have been through the install 5...

wireless internet stops working at times
Hi, I have a Motorolla SB5100 Surfboard Cable modem and a Belkin Wireless G Router. Sometimes the wireless internet simply stops working, and to get the internet to work, one must connect directly to...

Wifi Connection problems - Eten M700
I'm a newbie and a non-techie and so this may not be the correct place for my search for help. I have an Eten M700 (Mobile 5) and have problems connecting to a WiFi network. I can connect once and...

Is Boingo still working
Hi Does Boingo still work and anyone know how to install their software in Vista as they havnt released an update for it yet. regards TP

Belkin N1 with Super G
Hi all, I have a question to ask. I bought a Belkin N1 after my two D-LINKS DI-624 broke down (BTW do not every buy a D-LINK product EVER EVER). I have a D-LINK PCI card which is Super G and its...

Netgear dg834g Not broadcasting itself
Do you know why a Netgear DG834G does not broadcast its SSID until it has been on for awhile. When I first installed this device it worked fine. Now, even after resetting, I have to leave it on for...

belkin disconnecting
I have a Belkin wireless G router model F5D7230-4 that has recently started disconnecting when left idle for 10-15 mins. I have read other posts about changing the idle time but cannot find where i...

VPN Drops every 9 minutes
I have a client that lives in a rural area and connects to a wireless ISP, when she connects to the office via pptp vpn she gets disconnected every 9 minutes, give or take 30 seconds. ISP uses Tranzeo...

Long range wireless
Hello, I'm trying to transmit telemetry from a race car to a base station via 802.11. It's mostly wide open terrain, but the range need is ~0.5 miles, even 1 mile at some tracks. Is it possible to...

wireless MAC record-keeping for URLs
We've got a portable satellite Internet connection that we'd like to share wirelessly at several remote events this summer. All Internet traffic passes through a Linux box, so that we have the ability...

Sharing files & printer
Hi there, In my home, there is a d-link router which has a laptop and desktop pc connected to it, by wireless adaptors. I want to connect both computers so I can share files and also share printers...