Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

is my router broken? suggestion for new one?
I was trying to set up an FTP server on one of the computers on my network. I tried port forwarding, but couldn't connect with my FTP client so I tried upgrading the firmware of my router. It is a...

Wi-Fi vs cable... any advantages?
I have an 8-Meg cable connection right now in my apartment, of which I really only get 4 down and 0.5 up. My neighbor and I were talking the other night, and he offered to let me use his Wi-Fi...

is there a software port scanner that says open/closed/stealth?
is there a port scanner that says open/closed/stealth? I know stealth isn't any better than closed. But the reason why I ask about one is because for my LAN, suppose I have a comp on whome I want to...

Asus introduces latest Gaming Laptop
Asus' C90 notebook offers gamers total control over most important upgrades. http://laptop4you.blogspot.com/2007/06/asus-introduces-latest-gaming-laptop.html

How to start?
Hi guys! (and gals). I'm looking to set up a wifi lan and need help getting started. What I have now is Yahoo DSL with a wireless device sitting on top of my computer and NIC card in one box. Nothing...

Wirelessforums.org ?
For a variety of reasons I have had "no-mx" in general killfile for my newsserver for a quite a while and as a consequence I have missed numerous recent posts. Can anyone on tell me if the OP has ever...

Help with Netgear Router (Says Automatic)
Hi I was wondering you somebody could offer me some help on my wireless network, the problem is pretty simple. The wireless network works fine with no problems for majority of the day, however 3-4...

trying to add another AP to an existing network
I have a Cisco wireless Aironet 1100 (AP) connected to a Cisco 800 series router which is acting as the gateway. Im trying to add a 3com officeconnect wireless router as another access point but it...

Passive/Active scanning information
Hi. I have some question related to 802.11 handoff mechanism. 1. Does anybody know more information about TIM related field from beacon frame format, and how is modeled information offered by it. I...

No wireless networks were found in range.
I'm having some weirdness with my new Dell laptop. First off, I'm not using any firewalls or anything of that nature. If I try using the Dell WLAN software to manage my wireless networks it acquires...

Can't see SSID
Hello all... I have a Linksys 4-port / wireless router WRT54G. I have 2 Gateway laptops. #1 has a docking station hooked to router with ethernet cable - internet runs just fine. The other Gateway...

IE connection problem
Can somebody please help. I'm sure this is an easy problem to fix. Problem: A computer connects to a wireless network with a strong signal. Chat programs like MSN messenger work fine talking to people...

Netgear offers Zero reseller support
I've been trying for over six months to RMA a batch of 10 Pre-N Netgear DG834N wireless routers. These came for a large UK supplier who offer a limited RMA service, and as these were first deployed,...

Is it possible to add security to an existing wireless bridge?
I have been using a pair of WAP11s to bridge a network between 2 buildings for about 5 years. It gives 3-4Mb/s over a distance of about a mile. It's not line of sight as there are some trees blocking...

What is the point in Wireless?
I ask this question simply because I have just signed up for Sky broadband, and despite my wife clearly stating that we didn't want wireless (because of potential security risks) they sent us a...