Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Can't get wireless NIC to connect to router
Hello all. While troubleshooting a friend's network, I can't get a wireless NIC to work. Here are the stats on the network: ISP: AT&T DSL Router: Linksys Wireless G 2.4 GHz router model WRT54G...

Wireless connection problem - can't get Linksys NIC to work
Hello all. While troubleshooting a friend's network, I can't get a wireless NIC to work. Here are the stats on the network: ISP: AT&T DSL Router: Linksys Wireless G 2.4 GHz router model WRT54G...

Wireless connection problem - can't get Linksys NIC to work

Wireless connection problem - can't ping router

wireless button?
I have had a wireless network set up for a while. Recently a laptop (Compaq Presario V3000) stopped connecting. THe messages I am running across are: Wireless Network Connection 2: Not connected....

Wireless power limit
Hello everyone I am attempting to find out what the maximum power limitations for wireless equipment (900/2400/5800) are here in NZ and how is it measured, ie output of the AP or total ERP from...

WRT54G aerial qustion
I cannot seem to confirm if there is an aftermarket aerial that would fit my wrt54g router I see that the antena unscrews but am not sure if it is a standard RP-SMA connector fitting Any links? Thanks...

is my router bricked? can i bring it back? suggestion for new one?
I was trying to set up an FTP server on one of the computers on my network. I tried port forwarding, but couldn't connect with my FTP client so I tried upgrading the firmware of my router. It is a...

IBM thinkpad R40 + Linksys WPC54GX4 issue
Whenever I try to boot thinkpad with above wireless card, my thinkpad freezes in the splash screen. We have downloaded all of the latest drivers and windows updates(as far as I know). Does anyone have...

DD-WRT restore original firmware
Hello, I used the dd-wrt.v23_sp2_standard to update my Linksys WRT54GL firmware but after that I cannot access the web interface of the router. I can only access the router from telnet in 192.168.1.1....

PcMag: Fastest Wireless Routers (MIMO Technology)
Fastest Wireless Routers (MIMO Technology) 05.18.05 By Oliver Kaven The Fastest category is made up of MIMO routers. MIMO, however, is neither a feature nor a chipset; it's not even a clearly defined...

is my router broken? suggestion for new one?
I was trying to set up an FTP server on one of the computers on my network. I tried port forwarding, but couldn't connect with my FTP client so I tried upgrading the firmware of my router. It is a...

Wi-Fi vs cable... any advantages?
I have an 8-Meg cable connection right now in my apartment, of which I really only get 4 down and 0.5 up. My neighbor and I were talking the other night, and he offered to let me use his Wi-Fi...

is there a software port scanner that says open/closed/stealth?
is there a port scanner that says open/closed/stealth? I know stealth isn't any better than closed. But the reason why I ask about one is because for my LAN, suppose I have a comp on whome I want to...

Asus introduces latest Gaming Laptop
Asus' C90 notebook offers gamers total control over most important upgrades. http://laptop4you.blogspot.com/2007/06/asus-introduces-latest-gaming-laptop.html