Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Just a question
I have 3 computers networked wireless. Every once in a while they can't find the network. I can connect the one close to the router wired to the router and then it and the other 2 wireless can find...

panel vs yagi
This is sketchy info, but please give me your best guess. Was using a 2dBi rubber duckey whip to pick up a signal about 20 degrees off it's peak angle and getting a "fair to good" connection, good...

Wireless difficulities with a Trendnet USB Adapter.
I am working on an OptiPlex GX260 and have the basic system software installed. The network will be wireless and not wired. Hotspots and AP's are present externally. This person has a Trendnet USB...

Linksys WRT54G vs GL vs GS
I've read several reviews of the G, a few of the GL, and a couple of the GS. I have concluded that the GS is the most reliable of the three models. While I don't need the speedboost capability, I...

Network Stumbler and Atheros AR5005G
I've an Atheros AR5005G WLAN in my Acer 9302 notebook. Network Stumbler gives a message "No wireless adapter found". In the menu>Device the adapter nework adapter is seen but it's displayed in a grey...

Could you answer this question for me?
My girlfriend has an assignment and asked me to look up the answer to this question, and I really don't know very much about it, or how to search for it on Google. If someone could tell me either, it...

Cursed problem: Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG
Hi everyone! I am trying to solve this problem for a couple of weeks now, hopefully u will help me to get a proper sleep. :) I have a small home network, 3 laptops, all connected wireless. Everything...

Siemens Speedstream 4100 problems
I have a Siemens Speedstream 4100 modem (ethernet connection) connected to a wireliess linksys router G2.4 broadcom. Very randomly the connection to the internet breaks off without any trigger....

Get Wireless Connection from Another Building
Hi, I have one building where I have internet connection, the building is covered with wired and wireless network, the wireless connection is too weak (I cannot get signal even when I stand infront of...

Wont recognize Adapter
Ok. Well I got a new dell a few months ago. The wireless internet worked fine. I decided to restore my computer so its like new (Before anything was installed). So when I finsh I plug the adapter in...

noob setup
Ok so just to get it out of the way. I know what war driving is and now that I have my sweet laptop I want to get started. But before I do I have a few things I need to address and get figured out....

Speed of 802.11n network with pre-N and N clients?
How well does an 'n" network perform with two or more clients when one of then has a "b" or a "b" interface?

Checked the router settings..
I need some help, I am finding problems in setting up my wireless network for a past two weeks and at present I have wireless adaptor installed in my desktop and can view my router/SSID. On trying to...

wireless signal strength
Hi folks, I have a Dynamode Router BR 6004 WG1 and a Dynamode 54mbps WL G1 7005 USB adapter. The router is less than 20 feet away in the next room, and my signal is constantly low or very low and...

Failed upgrade of firmware
Hi all, Does anyone have some experience on how to deal with a failed firmware upgrade on a HP Procurve 420? :-(