Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

hard drive on my wireless network
i'm new here, so please excuse me if this is in the wrong thread. i currently have a wireless network to which there is 1 desktop pc and 1 laptop. i recently bought a lan hard drive enclosure which i...

WI-FI =?ISO-8859-1?Q?ALLIANCE=AE_BEGINS_TESTING_NEXT-GENER?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?ATION_WI-FI_GEAR_?=
be some impatient people in this world. Wi-Fi Alliance Customer Secure Login Page. Login to your Wi-Fi Alliance Customer Account.

Strange Behaviour with Netgear Wireless Router | my laptop seems to "Crash" the connection
Hi! I'd check to see that you have the latest drivers for your wireless adapter as well as the latest firmware for your Netgear router. On the other hand, I have a WGR614v6 with the latest available...

Trouble connecting wireless first
I have 3 computers networked/connected wireless. For the past 3 days they can't find a network. If I connect the one closed to the router wired, then it will connect and the other 2 will connect...

WEp key setting for SMCWBR14T-G
Hi, anybody that know how to setup WEP key for SMCWBR14T-G. I'm using cable connection from a motorola modem + SMCWBR14T-G. anybody that can show or tell me the step.. for hex setting i got it.. but...

wep vs. wpa performance
Hello, I just bought a dlink wireless router. I configured it for wpa psk. On my laptop, I couldn't pick up an IP address (the router was set for dhcp). It just stopped at "acquiring network address"....

wireless usb for canon camera?
I have a program that came with my Canon camera (S3is) called ZoomBrowser. The program allows me ( with a USB cable--small fitting on the camera end; "regular" fitting on the other... that plugs into...

Fast forward/rewind/seek with D-Link, Hauppauge
While I had some success with it, I finally gave up on my Hauppauge MediaMVP when they were unwilling to provide fast forward/rewind/seek when playing music files. I then bought a D-Link MediaLounge...

Network Logging ?
Hi, Hope this is a reasonable place to ask this question. Please point in right direction if not. Scenario: Assume a regular-Joe wireless laptop user enters some establishment or other which offers...

aquiring network address...please help
Hi! I know you've written a lot about this problem already...I've tried a few things but it doesn't work... anyway... I've just bought a laptop and now I'm trying to connect it to internet. At home I...

Wireless Not Being Detected On Acer Travelmate 4050
Hello. Normally I can connect to wireless networks using the built in wireless in the Acer Travelmate 4050. But for some reason I cannot connect to a D-Link DSL G604T. It will not display in the...

Solve this wireless card mystery
Got a Dell Inspiron 2500 and a "Dynex DX-WGNBC" PCMCIA network card, which is apparently a Best Buy store brand. Seems to have an Atheros chipset. I initially install it on the laptop, which has a...

Just a question
I have 3 computers networked wireless. Every once in a while they can't find the network. I can connect the one close to the router wired to the router and then it and the other 2 wireless can find...

panel vs yagi
This is sketchy info, but please give me your best guess. Was using a 2dBi rubber duckey whip to pick up a signal about 20 degrees off it's peak angle and getting a "fair to good" connection, good...

Wireless difficulities with a Trendnet USB Adapter.
I am working on an OptiPlex GX260 and have the basic system software installed. The network will be wireless and not wired. Hotspots and AP's are present externally. This person has a Trendnet USB...