Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

the last three miles
Have you looked at Hughes or WildBlue ?

How can I receive the free wireless Hotspot signal then share in my own house??
Can I receive the free wireless signal from wireless hotspot also share in my house?? If I can, how will it work?? Thank you for great help.....

Alltel Wireless Internet Problem
I am using a Kyocera KPC650 data access card in my laptop. My connection info is 1xEVDO Digital Data and 1xRTT coverage. For the last week my download speeds have been ranging from less than 1 KB/sec...

Pick one, please:
Ok, I've got the following to choose from for broadband: ATT/yahoo DSL Earthlink DSL and Cable Road Runner cable ComCast Bright House whatever (keep getting the junk mail). This is going into a...

Wireless laptop connection weak
I was given an old Dell laptop by a friend which worked pretty well on my wireless network until recently. The signal was generally strong but is now very weak unless I move the laptop close to the...

Wireless G and N together?
To clarify what Peter is saying: A good solution is to connect a powerline networking module to your main router, whichever it is and plug that into the wall. Then, down in the basement plug in...

Can you contact the owner of an unsecured network??
> Logged into my laptop in bed last night and noticed that > I'd connected to someone else's connection, rather than > my own. At your end, how did this happen without your being aware of it? Does...

Linksys wireless router goes out
Hi, I have a linksys wireless-N router but I've experienced this with other linksys routers I've used in the past. I cant exactly pinpoint why it happens but it seems that when I am using bittorrent...

netgear WGR614v6 won't see/use connection
Hi I'm new here. I've done some searching the following thread brought me here but didn't solve my problem. I tried many things but can't get this netgear router to see my dsl connection thru a...

help with wireless adapter
Good evening. I have a Linksys wireless router (WRT150N) and three computers. Two of the computers are laptops, which came wireless-ready. The laptops get a 'very good signal' anywhere in the house,...

I have some antennas, but.....
Hi guys. Im new on this but i just need a little push.. I have Two solectek antennas, the info on them is this, mti wireless edge, antenna 2.4 ghz, mt 344003. and it has two polarization options...

Wireless Networks Jobs
We have immediate job for Lab Tester (R&D) for one of our direct clients @ Reston, VA. Please send me your updated resume @ with following informaton: Visa Status Expected Salry on W2 Availaiblity...

check a wlan-adapter for wpa capability
dear wlan gurus, is there a easy way to check (with a tool, or a registry key or...) to check if a builtin wlan-adapter is capable for wpa ? we should check about 800 notebooks (different brands) if...

42dBm ERP
Whilst catching up on my reading I came across this "The WS410 uses six radio transceivers and six 7.5 dBi omni-directional antennas. It employs advanced digital beamforming to optimally focus radio...

laptop not detectiing network
Hey guys my wireless network recently crapped out on me i tuned my laptop on and it would not detect the network, i know my router is working but my laptop isnt detecting it, my wirless card is a...