Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

50% packets dropped connecting PC to ASUS AM604G router
I am in the process of installing a wireless network to connect a number of PC to the internet via ADSL. I have purchased an ASUS AM604G ADSL2 MOD/ROUTER which I have installed and configured to...

Network Camera
You'll need to hook directly into the wired ethernet port on the bottom of the camera and configure it to connect to your wireless access point. Then you can view the stream by going to the web...

Setting up WPA on a mac network
Hello Can someone please give me the basic steps to setting up WPA encryption on a wifi network we use a Netgear router DG834G wireless router and a small network of apple macs all with up to date OS...

50% packets dropped connecting PC to ASUS AM604G router
I am in the process of installing a wireless network to connect a number of PC to the internet via ADSL. I have purchased an ASUS AM604G ADSL2 MOD/ROUTER which I have installed and configured to...

Cannot connect to 192.168.2.1
spicy7384 hath wroth: (...) Note that your PC has been assigned its IP address by the Comcast DHCP server and not by your Belkin N1 router. That means you have the cables and connectors miswired....

Simple question on netgear router
Hi I have a few laptops all hooked up to a wireless network I just want to ask a simple question is it possible to send messages to each other? If so, what would be the best method? When I go on to my...

boost signal with second router?
Use powerline networking to make an ethernet bridge from the downstairs router to your upstairs router using the building's AC circuit. the 85 Mbps version- supposed to be more reliable. Steve

Sony Ericsson K800i as Modem
Hello, I have a MacBook laptop and I want to use my K800i as a wireless modem. My contract includes internet access, but I'm struggling like mad to get it to work as a modem. Anyone any experience or...

Wi-Fi on the iPhone
How to make Wi-Fi works with the iPhone. The odd way of entering the WEP key in Hex is sure to cause confusion. No, I didn't buy an iPhone.

wireless router
Hi, I have a question about hooking up a wireless router in my dorm. We have 4 rooms each one of us have a separate lan connection. I want to make my LAN connection as wireless. Is it possible to hook...

If you are looking for free wifi we can help
There are a lot of websites where you can query for locations...while you are on line. But what do you do if you are offline looking to find a spot that is free? We provide a directory at no charge....

Disconnection Issues
Ok, so I have a wireless access point, Linksys 802.11b 11Mbps one, and it appears as though i cannot stay connected to it. I get disconnected all the time from it (sometimes more often than others)....

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless Wiki with Google: Main article:...

Internet Providers Have Teamed Up
Internet providers have teamed up with hardware companies to offer some really nice high-speed access deals. Check them out at http://www.dsldance.com