Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Sitecom WL-100i WPA help
I have the Sitecom WL-100i wireless card and have been using it fine on WEP encrypted networks. I have moved house and I'm trying to connect to a WPA network. Can this card support this? Is there a...

Help my Linksys WRT54G router was broken into using the "curl" command
Your rourter default settings, other than 192.168.0.1/24 and the password and WPA-PSK were fine. Your choice of allowing the default subnet and the remote access was a large mistake that let him in.

Wireless connection between office and house
Hi, I have a Access Point setup at work as a AP and a Access Point setup at the house as AP Client. It works 100%, but as soon is I plug another or more PC's in the switch at home, only one PC can...

Wireless N anyone
Do current antennas support the new wireless N standard? Can the full throughput of N be achieved through say a parabolic grid dish?...

Wireless USB question
Hey guys I have been browsing for about 4 hours to get some answers and hopefully someone here might have something to say about this. I work in a building where the access point is on the 2nd floor...

DD-WRT v24 as an Access Point Only
Hello all... I'm looking to set up a Buffalo router running DD-WRT v24 (6/20/07 release) to run as an Wireless Access Point only. I don't need or want the router functions at all. I've done this in...

Excellent wireless connection, but Browsers cannot find it.
So I'm in a hotel with wireless. I have two laptops one with Vista and one with XP. I cannot get the The XP machine to go online. I had a D-Link wireless G cardbus card. It just would not go online. I...

2 Wrt54GL's wirelessly bridged antenna selection help
Thanks for all the previous help. I now have two wrt54gl routers running ddwrt in wirless bridge mode. Everyhting seems to work. What I am now wanting to do is put some bigger antennas on these...

Problems with DLINK DSL-G604T
I have a bizarre problem. I have a DLINK G604T wireless router. One main PC and a laptop. Both machines are used to connect to a VPN. This has been working fine, but today when I tried to connect it...

Reflector for whip
I made a reflector for a little 2dBi whip which increased signal strength by 5-10%. Made it from half cut tin can and experimenting with distance and angle. I did this simply on the assumption that...

wireless on the boat
Hi members, Can anyone give me info on what to use on my boat to recieve wireless hotspots. In my country The Netherlands we have a lot of canals that go trough towns and citys. When we stop at the...

Had to happen at some point ---connect to up to six unsecured Wi-Fi networks at once?
This is all I know: other Wi-Fi-related product people are talking about this week? It?s called Slurpr. It?s a $1,347 (999 euros) box hand-built by Dutch hackers at Geek Technique. Why would you pay...

Linksys WRT54G firmware 4.21.1 is not backward compatible
I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router, hardware version 1.1, used daily since early 2004. I recently upgraded from firmware 4.20.7 to firmware 4.21.1. When I use the Access Restrictions tab to...

50% packets dropped connecting PC to ASUS AM604G router
I am in the process of installing a wireless network to connect a number of PC to the internet via ADSL. I have purchased an ASUS AM604G ADSL2 MOD/ROUTER which I have installed and configured to...

Network Camera
You'll need to hook directly into the wired ethernet port on the bottom of the camera and configure it to connect to your wireless access point. Then you can view the stream by going to the web...