Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Improving wireless signal strength?
Got my router/AP by my front door and my desktop PC is upstairs. Not very far but the signal strength is not great. What can be done to improve it? Can I get a bigger/better aerial attached to the...

500mw booster
ok so i got 1 ov these alfa cards ' Alfa 500mW USB Wireless B/G Adapter with RP-SMA Antenna Jack' ( is a big improvment next i got a yogi 17dbi anntenna ' NEUE Yagi Antenne 18 dBi mit 3 Meter / RP-SMA...

building a wireless bridge
Here's the situation: I have DSL and use a Versalink WireSpeed 327w as my modem and my router. I only have one jack in my apt., and my office is on the other side of the place. Instead of running a...

Tv sender signals via wireless network card
Since I hear so frequently people complaining that their TV senders are interfering with their wireless home networks I guess they are sharing freqencies. It occurred to me that it may be possible to...

simple question about using WEP-protected access points
I have a single desktop WinXP PC and a WPN111 - RangeMax Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter. in my house I can detect 3 to 5 access points, only one of them was completely unlocked. now that one is locked. I...

Internet connects OK, can't share print/files
Hello, Trying to set up print/file share on home network and having no luck. Linksys wireless-G router connects all to DSL and internet just fine, but none of the computers can "see" each other. One...

How to connect two routers wirelessly and access internet through the guest router?
Hello, I have two wireless routers both have WDS enabled. The main router is connected to internet via ADSL and I want to connect another router to the main router wirelessly and connect my desktop...

Computer products available at reasonable price
Are you interested in buy LCD CRT monitors? I recommend you to visit ' Online Shopping computers, electronics, digital cameras, music, jewelry, DVD.' ( Here, there are all types of computer products...

Network requeriments of VoIP ?
Hi, Well, basically the title says it all. If I set a wireless network for data and VoIP what would the requirements be? What are the bandwith requirements of each VoIP call ? Whats is the maximum...

Anybody here a teacher?
I've read all the books I can find on wifi. I've asked questions here and am starting to understand things. However, I'm at the po"It ain't what you don't know that will hurt you. It's what you think...

Wireless Standards and certifications
If i have to install a wired network i can look at several standars like EIA/TIA 568 and they will tell me how the work should be done (cable lengths, cable terminations, maximun tension aplied during...

vista & atheros wireless chipset with WPA
Has anyone managed to get an Atheros chipsetted card to work under Vista when security is enabled? I've just bought a new laptop for my Dad, (Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 1705), which has a builtin wireless...

Belkin F5D7630uk4A and AOL Problems
Can anyone help? My ISP is AOL and I'm trying to set up a home Wifi using a Belkin F5D7630uk4A as my Router/modem. My PC is some distance from my phone point and the aim is to have the PC as the main...

wireless netwok
hi ! I'm new in wireless tech, so, please don't be harsh. The point is...i have 5 computers(4 laptops, 3 of them are mobile while 1 is static)...and i would like to connect them into a network. I have...

Help..wireless problem
hi i wonder if anybody can help me.... i recently bought a Zoom ADSL X6 wireless router which i have set up and so far can only access internet via ethernet cable. I have an apple ibook os 10.3 and...