Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

New installation
A friend of mine just moved and decided to use SBC/Yahoo for her new DSL. She ordered DSL and received the new modem. She has now changed her mind and will purchase a laptop and would like to go...

Share hotels wireless connection
I would like to be able to share a wireless connection in a hotel room between two laptops. The laptops can be connected wireless or wired. I do not want to mess with ICS. I found these two products...

network works fine, then drops out of view
hi all, i wonder if anyone might be able to shed some light on this problem. i've just set up a small home wireless network based around a d-link di-624 switch/wireless hub, which was working fine...

Help needed installing Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless-G Router
Hi all. I've just purchased said modem/router (Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless-G Router) and I've connected it up as shown etc etc. It recognises that there is a LAN connection present, and the lights...

Very simple hotspot
The problem is that I'm new to wireless and I want to set up a very simple hotspot in a cafe, so I was wondering if a Wireless ADSL router (with DHCP) could do the trick, because all I really need is...

Getting Speedstream 2624 Wireless Router to work?
I had an older Siemens Speedstream 2624 Wireless Router that I no longer need and gave it to a friend. He plugged it into the electric outlet and then connected it from its WAN port to his ComCast...

WiFi Connects but Browser Won't Load
I use my laptop with WiFi at the public library to connect the Internet. Recently I haven't been able to connect although Windows says I'm connected, and the browser won't open--says I'm not...

Can't make internet connection
Using Linksys wireless router, WRT54GS and adapter WUSB54G. Have installed this pair on many occasions, but I have one right now that I cannot get the adapter to connect to the internet. The adapter...

Apple Mac G4 Power book - apps for wifi
the pull-down menu to download KisMAC v0.12a for OS X 10.2.

Bridge Configuration Issue
Apologies in advance if this has been asked/answered before but I haven't found it. I'm using an Engenius/Senao 3220 on my boat, configured as a bridge, to access shore based access points. It is set...

Two 3Com wireless routers to extend range
I have two 3Com 3CRWDR101A-75 officeconnect wireless routers. One is connected to a DSL line and the small wired office network. The second is to be used as a range extender. I set it up with WDS...

Edimax EW-7128g Aquiring network address
I recently installed an Ralink Edimax EW-7128g (802.11g) PCI card in the office comp. Had xp home on there n it connect fine, no issues. Day before yesterday I installed xp pro and after getting all...

Cable Companies Team Up
Cable companies have teamed up with hardware companies for some great broadband offers. Check them out at http://www.dsldance.com

Wireless File Sharing
Yes, I did but did not resove the issue. Kind regards Mark

Edimax EW-7128g Aquiring network address
I recently installed an Ralink Edimax EW-7128g (802.11g) PCI card in the office comp. Had xp home on there n it connect fine, no issues. Day before yesterday I installed xp pro and after getting all...