Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wifi Detection
I will be travelling on the road. with a vacation trailer. I would like to carry in my pocket a wifi detector of some kind that can tell me if it detects an 802.11g network, signal strength, channel,...

Any way to monitor the devices using my Wi Fi network?
I have a wired LAN and a Linksys WRT54GS ver 7 router. I occasionally use a laptop wirelessly, with 2 wired PC's. Is there a utility or some way through the Linksys set-up web pages to get a listing...

wifi connected but doesn't recognize DNS
Hi, I just got a new HP Pavilion dv9000 laptop. Computer shows I am connected to strong unsecured wifi signal but when I click on IE I get "Don't recognize DNS of ". (My computer is probably the only...

Sharing internet access with other laptops (Verizon card or pay WIFI)
I do much of my work on the road and use either a Verizon Broadband card or in some areas T-mobile WIFI ($10/day) at a starbucks. There are times I am working with someone else who has a laptop, where...

Wireless clients, 2 SSID's and SBS - need recommendations
Running SBS 2003 Premium SP2, ISA 2004, SQl, Exchange, WSUS, 2 NICs and a router, managed switch that is 802.11q capable (D-Link DES-3828), 5 AP's - 802.1q capable (D-Link DWL-2200AP's), Symantec...

Bricked Motorola WE800G
I managed to turn my moto WE800G bridge into a brick trying to install DD-WRT. After running a NVRAM reset I now cannot ping it or telnet to it. IPs of 192.168.30.1, 192.168.1.1, and 192.168.2.1 won't...

Belkin wireless router reconnect problems
Hi All, I'm having the following sporadic problem with my Belkin Wireless-G MIMO router. I have the security settings set to use WPA-PSK with TKIP. On occasion, two different laptops cannot reconnect...

Need Advice - Setting Up Wireless Router in Basement
I am interested in setting up a wireless router, but our office and cable modem are in the basement and I am concerned that the signal strength will be too weak to reach the upper floors. I don't have...

what chipse does WG511T use?
what chipse does WG511T use? i have no idea and will that work with airodump if i have vista? please help! ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

What is a "kismet drone" and why can't Kismet work on Windows with my wireless card?
What is a Kismet drone? I'm trying to get Kismet for Windows to work with my wireless card and I read that a "kismet drone" is needed. Any idea what that is?

New FIOS.... poor speeds.....
so...... we have 4 computers in my apartment, and my moms computer is the main one, that being that she is hard wired to the router/etc and the rest of us feed off of her...... lol......... so we got...

PCMCIA Card Suggestion
I am using a Senoa card with the Senao 2511 chipset and I would like someone to recommend a card that has more range than this one. I assume that this card is not the best I can get and I would like...

Flashing a Linksys WRT54G
If I flash with latest firmware will I have to redo all the settings or will they stay the same. Thank you.

Duplicate IP address via Wireless but not via Wired, using Cisco VPN client...
Duplicate IP address via Wireless but not whenWired, using Cisco VPN client... I connect to a linksys wireless 4 port router on Comcast cable network then login and connect to work with the Cisco VPN....

From Wireless Notebook via Print Server Crashes Printer
I can print fine from my wireless laptop to a multifunction printer when that printer is directly connected to another pc on my home network. But if I replace that other pc with a print server...