Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Just acquired a new Dell Inspiron laptop
with Ubuntu 7.04.. Was thinking of utilizing it as a mobile wireless network audit box, but just noticed that these new Dells only come with an ExpressCard slot and no older PCMIA slot.. So, I can't...

Configuring Wired Computer through WAP
I have a Netgear WGT624v3. I currently have my desktop PC wired straight to my modem/router with the netgear working in "WAP" mode for my roommates computer in the living room. Is it possible to...

Cable Modem > Router > Vonage Modem > Wireless Print Server
Hello. I recently added a second home office and now I have new set up woes. I've got a Motorola Cable Modem that connects to a 4 port Wireless Linksys Router than then connects to a Vonage modem. The...

Always one PC dropping out intermittently no matter what I try....
I have a customer with a small office on three floors, with about a dozen PCs and laptops, and a a couple of PCs and printers hard-wired. The heart of the network is a Netgear FVS114 firewall...

Blogs forums and web piles that recycle alt.internet.wireless
The following are a list of web sites, forums, and blogs that carry articles from I intentionally did not list any general online usenet news reader web sites and services. Did I miss any?

Security protection out of range of router.
With my laptop setup for WPA personal security, am i still protected out of range of my router when i pick up someone else's signal?

Major Wireless Internet speed loss
I have recently had a slowdown of internet speed on my wireless laptops. Following are many details which may help in diagnosing the problem: All three of the laptops are getting 3mbits/s when they...

What's the best for remote access web cams?
Hello to the forum. New guy here and I hope I am asking this question in the correct part of the forum. I need advice on what web cam would be the best for keeping a watch on the outside of my summer...

Wi Fi for dummies
Do they have anything wi fi for dummies? I am wi fi illiterate. I see a great potential for this technology, yet I do not know enough about it...yet. Paul...

Has anyone ever seen this...
.. I've bought a AirLive WL-5460AP a few days ago and I've been using it in WISP + Universal Repeater mode. As I understand that this should only repeat signal. I achieved to connect to a free...

compaq presario wireless
my laptop is wireless but i dont know or have any software for it, i have a hp wireless assitant plleeaassee help me ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this...

HELP Regarding Network Design and Equipments
I Need Help Regarding setting up a small Hybrid Network for My Office and Home which are in the same building. Current Scenario: Ground Floor is used as OFFICE I have 2 PCs here, Netwoked via a simple...

EDGE vs EVDO
The most interesting discovery about the iPhone was the performance on the EDGE network. Using CATTRAX (which uses MapQuest maps) in real time with zooming and scrolling was excellent. While some of...

Hp zd8000 Connection failure.
I have had this laptop for over a year now. I have virus checked it, defragged it, run System Mechanic regularly but the problem still remains with the amount of time it takes to connect to the...

Helio is MAD!!
Check this out!! Three days ago Helio the wireless provider just did something unknown and insane to the wireless world we started a promotion for new members to recieve UNLIMITED CALLING (NO ROAMING...