Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mac OSX 3G Data Card
Hi I am trying to set up a fast mobile data connection on my mac. I have: 1. Mac Powerbook G4, OS X 10.4.6 2. unlocked Vodafone Mobile Connect 3G/GPRS card (made by Option) 3. T-Mobile UK SIM,...

Can't start internal wireless adapter after installing a buffalo adapter
Any particular manufacturer and model laptop? Not all laptops are created equal. Extra credit for identifying the operating system version. Any particular Buffalo wireless adapter model number? Extra...

my first wireless LAN and I already need help
Hello, I am trying to istall my first wireless connection but I am having problems and can't find a solution since yesterday..... I'd be very happy if someone could help me.... This is what I am doing...

Multiple Access Points Setup
Hello, Our company will be having a sales meeting next week, and I would like to provide wireless access to our local network. There will be approx 25 users connecting. I plan to set up 2 units, 1...

Extending Range with WDS / extender
Hi all, My current config consist of four 3COM 3CRW554G72T (A-D below), and A is the base router. They connect to each other by 3Com WDS now, as cabling is not feasible for us. A B C D X Y...

802.11n wireless access point compatible with ThinkPad T61
I've got some ThinkPad T61 notebooks with wireless cards that support draft 802.11n. I'm looking for a draft 802.11n wireless access point that will be fully compatible with the notebooks, allowing...

Please unsubscribe
Perhaps he might be thinking all our answers will be direct deposit in his email box.

NEWS: Google India deal signals mobile push
As Gphone rumors continue to swirl Google may or may not offer its own smartphone in the coming months, but you're sure to see its apps on other mobile devices across the globe. Little more than a...

Where to get "Contacts Download Application" in SIS format?
I found that there is a special "Contacts Download application " listed in nokia 810 or 610 car kits that allows Nokia Symbian based phones to export contacts/phonebooks entries to other bluetooth...

setting up an AP with an intercept "splash screen"
Could someone point me to a "how to FAQ" or manual on doing this? Basically I want to set up an AP which, when people access it, first throws a "terms of service" page requiring an ack. I looked...

Linksys WUSB54GC wireless USB adapter make my Laptop Shut Down.
Hello everyone, I wish someone could help me on this one. I was using my wireless USB adapter on my HP PC without any problems. Adapter: Linksys WUSB54GC. I decided to hook up my PC with a cat5 cable...

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless Wiki with Google: Main article:...

Which chip is best?
Hi, I am a WiFi engineer (software), we have two more generations of product that use different wifi chips. I want to have somebody to discuss and compare various wifi chips so we can make a better...

online adventure seekers
find adventure and pass it on to other adventure seekers: this is not spam. it's a cool online experiment kind of thing. check it out. http://www.lost.eu/5f0e0