Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Making CDMA work as WiMAX
Hi, Is it possible to use the same hardware for both CDMA and WiMAX. What are the minimum changes required for doing it ? Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru

slow loading wireless device pages
could anyone possibly shed some light on this situation i am having? the router (linksys WRT350N) is set to wpa security and has one wireless device connected to it. on this device there is a webpage...

could someone be using my IP address.
Hi everyone, basicley we have a wireless network in our house and im concerned that someone in my street is using my connection!! does then mean they will also be using our IP address??? any help...

could someone be using my ip address.??
Hi everyone, basicley we have a wireless network in our house and im concerned that someone in my street is using my connection!! does then mean they will also be using our IP address??? any help...

DHCP log on SMC Barricade
I have an SMC Barricade (SMC2804WBRP-G) acting as my main wireless router. When I connect to it to see what the status of the network is, I don't see all of the connected network devices. For example,...

Okay, I am officially confused?
TIA Because I am having trouble with access to my wireless in the far reaches of the house, I purchased an Access Point (D-Link DWL-2000AP). I programmed the device to operate in "Access Point" mode...

Need Advise about far-range pcmcia card & Router
Hi: My father is a retired mathematician, still very actively collaborating with other mathematicians. He travels to math meetings all over the globe and brings his Averatec Laptop. Apparently the...

Strange wireless speed issue
I have a client who has a PC connected via a Netgear wireless USB adapter. She complained of really slow Internet. For some strange reason, even with an excellent signal it cannot achieve more than at...

print server for LJ 2200dt
Has anyone succesfully set up a wireless print server with a HP LJ 2200dt. I spent about 4 hours with Netgear support on a wired print server which was listed as compatible with my LJ and they finally...

WRT54GL : how to detect firmware ?
Hi everyone, A friend of mine just get a WRT54GL from his internet provider. This router allows correct access to basic internet services (dns, http, pop, ...), but it doesn't allow access to the...

why is SMA cable so expensive?
sillyputty hath wroth: Hmmm... There's a bit of subterfuge in the specs. The antenna gain is 7dBi. However doesn't include the 1.5meters of RG-316 coax, which has a loss of about 1.1dB/meter or...

Losing internet connection every night...
For the past two weeks, my logs have been telling me that my internet connection has been going down every single night around 3AM... At first, I didn't think much of it and figured RR was doing some...

Looking into wireless DVR System?
TIA I can't seem to find a webpage that will give me a good explanation of what DVR is all about. I am looking for information and all I seem to get is "where to buy". Any suggestions would be...

Wireless Security Cameras - Jamming!
Hello everyone! I am new here :) Looks like a site full of informative members so hopefully someone can help me out. I have recently bought a Wireless Security Camera set up. I got it fairly cheap on...

Any point in fast network if ADSL is slow?
You may have that backwards... From the numbers above, it looks like the network (cable at 8Mbs), can't keep up with the wireless at 11.... I know new math is sort of wierd, but 11 is still a bigger...