Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Router Unknown Transmitting
Hi Everyone, I have a Buffalo Wireless Router, running with a DD-WRT v23 SP2 firmware. I installed it today after my venerable WRT54G finally passed. While the Buffalo is operating fine, I am...

New Wifi Questions - please help
Just set up my DSL (bellsouth) and Wifi Router (trendnet). I set an encryption key as well. Just a few questions: In order to connect the router, I have one ethernet cable going from a desktop...

DIY WiFi signal booster challenge
I was wondering if anyone knows any surefire way of bodging together wifi aerial booster to recieve a stronger signal. I have heard alot of mentions of pringles tins and tin foil in the past...

Pre-N / Draft-N : Real world performance...
(Sorry, forgot the subject on previous post. I hope it doesn't post.) Hi, You can read benchmarks and specs until you are blue in the face, but nothing beats descriptions of real world use. To those...

Help Reqd-Am getting disconnected within 3 mins from wireless network
Hi, I am trying to confgure a wirelss accesspoint at my home using SMC7004WFW Barricade Plus Wireless Router .I am able to connnect to the wireless network for about 3 mins using the two laptops, but...

Wireless distance question
I have a question regarding the 24dBi 2.4GHz Wire Grid antenna. What kind of range does this antenna have when hooked up to a Linksys WRT54G wireless router? The reason I ask is, I don't have a DSL...

Light Reading
Here's your reading homework for the week: This is Rob Flickenger's Wiki for "Wireless Networking in a Developing World". There's quite a bit of good, basic, and useful information in the book. There...

Help with wireless setup
"the setup utility was unable to locate a wireless broadband router on your network. please make sure your wireless broaband router is powered on and all cables are properly connected" This is the...

im dumb, help me
ok, i know all of you are going to flame me saying im lying, blah blah, but help me out here ok -last year my neighbor decided to bring some korean kid to stay in her house -kid brought a laptop -she...

Wireless Router Reject Connection after Standby
I have a Netgear wireless router, and a desktop and a laptop connect to the router wirelessly. After the computers go into short standby (few minutes) and come back on, the router will reject the...

wireless access to server...
Hi guys, im in a bit of a delema and in need of some assistance. I've currently got a server set (LAN) with a wireless network set up. I'm always on the move and away from my network and usually need...

Question: Switching Wireless Routers
Newbie asking: Does changing routers alter Windows network setup? My Netgear wireless G router is working fine. But range is short (rated at about 50 feet). Recently I picked up at a yard sale an...

Wireless card with non standard frequency
Hi, I'm looking for a wireless card with a non-standard frequency. specifically, i'm looking for a card that can work on 2600-2700mHz instead of the standard ~2400mHz. Does anyone know of any such...

Barely Online
After my laptop FINALLY detects my router, it connects, but instead of 54MBps, it's 1.0MBps why so slow? It used to work well, and now, for absolutely NO reason, it just slowed right down. Wireless...

Sony Ericsson W850i is it blocked? SPV M600 Help please ;)
Hello there, I am new to these forums and I beleive i made my first mistake yesterday when I went to post this message, but unfortunately it was not available on the website. Well here goes again!...