Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

FS: L4.5PNF-RC 5/8" Andrew N-type for LDF4.5-5
Getting rid of a lot of connectors as we clean out old inventory no longer needed. I will have more antennas and other related equipment later. 5/8" Andrew Connectors for LDF4.5-50 MALE/FEMALE...

NEWS: Public Wi-Fi even more insecure than previously thought!
[see IMPORTANT NOTES below] How to gain permanent access to Gmail accounts Black Hat Users of Yahoo! Mail, MySpace and just about every Web 2.0 service take note: If you access those services using...

NEWS: Google leaps into new Sprint portal (WiMAX)
Apps for WiMAX Who says wireless carriers can't play nice with Google? As it prepares to introduce a new WiMAX broadband wireless network in a handful of major American cities, Sprint has announced...

Help with Wireless question please
I have a Linksys Wireless setup that I am happy with overall, but I have a particular room in my house that does not get a good enough signal. I was considering replacing everything with Wireless-N,...

wireless router and VPN server
Hello, I am looking for a cheap wireless router that could be setup as a VPN server for DSL cable broadband (Virgin in UK). Any suggestion? Regards

Is there a mac compatible wireless n usb adapter?
Hi, I just bought an airport extreme (n) base station and I was wondering if there's a mac compatible wireless n usb adapter? All the adapter I've seen don't mention mac compatibility. Thanks for any...

Brand new Nokia 8600 luna..$250USD For sale
(Our company)is very fast and well known in the area of Telecommunication,Electronic & GAMES Products/Services: Electronics Products/mobile phones Main Markets: Worldwide We are one of the leading...

Setting wireless service to share conection
I have some computers at home. 2 laptops (1 with pcmcia wifi adapter 1 with built in adapter) and a desktop (usb wiufi adapter) I have a DSL modem/router (single port comtrend 5071) conected by...

Can't connect to Google on laptop
Two computers - both XP both getting on line wireless - one desktop and one laptop. The desktop doesn't have a problem. The laptop can't connect to google or a home page. I reformatted the laptop and...

Linksys WAP200
Anyone have any experience with the Linksys WAP200 ? I've searched and cannot find any reviews on this particular piece of hardware. I'm looking for a good Access Point with good range, but I don't...

Router Unknown Transmitting
Hi Everyone, I have a Buffalo Wireless Router, running with a DD-WRT v23 SP2 firmware. I installed it today after my venerable WRT54G finally passed. While the Buffalo is operating fine, I am...

New Wifi Questions - please help
Just set up my DSL (bellsouth) and Wifi Router (trendnet). I set an encryption key as well. Just a few questions: In order to connect the router, I have one ethernet cable going from a desktop...

DIY WiFi signal booster challenge
I was wondering if anyone knows any surefire way of bodging together wifi aerial booster to recieve a stronger signal. I have heard alot of mentions of pringles tins and tin foil in the past...

Pre-N / Draft-N : Real world performance...
(Sorry, forgot the subject on previous post. I hope it doesn't post.) Hi, You can read benchmarks and specs until you are blue in the face, but nothing beats descriptions of real world use. To those...

Help Reqd-Am getting disconnected within 3 mins from wireless network
Hi, I am trying to confgure a wirelss accesspoint at my home using SMC7004WFW Barricade Plus Wireless Router .I am able to connnect to the wireless network for about 3 mins using the two laptops, but...