Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Issues finding network with D-link router
Hi, My girlfriend recently purchased a D-link wireless router. She is having issues as that she cannot see any signal from her laptop. There is a wired connection from the router to a PC, that works...

Mac OS X Tiger and Windows XP Pro conflicting?
Hi, I have a wireless network at home, and all the computers connect via WiFi to the 3com router. All of the PCs are fine on the network, apart from one - and Acer desktop with a Belkin 54G USB...

netgear 835g router and port forward
Hi folks ^^ I am a networking newb :rolleyes: I'm trying to set up forwarding to allow me to get decent downloads speeds in utorrent. I have a static IP address from my ISP, Eclipse internet, I use...

Newby...Have a few questions?
My friend presently has an outside omni antenna that is about 15' high. I don't think it's a direct line with my residence...he sits in a small depression...it might be line of site if I could look...

any need to update wireless card driver?
I have a D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 card currently using a driver dated 3/22/05. D-link has an updated driver v. 2.11 dated 4/11/05. I'm wary of updating drivers, whether they be for a video card,...

Can an AP client be detected
I have setup my PC at work with a Linksy router configured as a client bridge and an outside antenna. I'm using it to tap into the cities public wifi system. My employer has thier network Gestopo...

Good Networking Website recommendations?
Looking for hardware reviews of networking stuff and setup ideas. I have a Vista and XP desktop that I want to connect together and maybe add some wireless outdoor security camera. Had XP networked...

engenius EOC-3220+ affected by sun / heat
Temperture in St. Louis has been 95-104 degrees. I have 2 EOC-3220+ units 1/4 mile apart. The EOC-3220+ is mounted on a 10FT pole and works well until we get over 90 degrees, then things get spotty....

Cisco Aironet 1200 client can't connect anymore
Have 2 APs running, 1 of it is a Cisco Aironet 1200, was running fine, 'till few days ago client gets disconnect when try to connect. Is it problem with radio? or some wireless defender system at...

Wireless WAN Miniport- PPPoE
I live in the Balkans and have an ISP that uses PPPoE. I would like to set it up to use my wireless router- DI-524. I have connected the LAN cable directly from the ISP's modem to the WAN port on my...

alt.cellular.t-mobile
Adapting t-mobile MMS, WAP settings to ex-cingular phone... i had a phone unlocked from cingular to use with my tmobile chip, but the multimidia messages wont work.. can someone help me out on how i...

where to place AP on network
Is it ok to put an access point behind a firewall as opposed to before it (on the outside)? If my users want to connect to the network, they have to authenticate and get authorization which I'm...

Laptop not detecting wireless
Hello, I have two dell laptops and one desktop. Desktop is connected to router through cable from the router. Both laptops were set up to use the wireless network. I have Netgear MR814 router. Both...

I think I'm going to switch to cables...
After 5+ years of using 802.11, I think I'm going to run cable through the house. I want to to do it the right way, by having ethernet jacks in all the main rooms. Some rooms will even have two jacks...

Suggestions for a short building-to-building hop
I'm helping a downtown non-profit that operates a daycare center in the building next door to its main offices. They would like to bridge the Internet connection from the main building to the daycare...