Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

DIY cantenna - part 2
I'm still searching for the 'perfect' can for a cantenna. I've got the N-connector and pigtail ready to go. So far, I haven't found one that matches the dimensions on: closest I've found, so far, is a...

office with two WRT54Gs + DHCP
I was at a remote office today, and noticed that they had two Linksys WRT54Gs. but things were a little messy... They are not being used as routers, merely as wireless access points on the same LAN,...

help a guy in the arctic
Really new here and in need of some help. The situation is this I work in the arctic and have no access to stores except for shopping online. So I can not try things out to see what will work and what...

Is WAP2 the same as WAP-PSK ???
I should have worded the question as in the subject line of this post: Is WPA2-AES the same as WPA - PSK AES???

Wireless Error - This device cannot start
I have a compaq nc6230, trying to use wireless, Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection. From Device Manager, I continue to get the error "This device cannot start. (Code 10). I hover over the...

Comcast 2Mb Internet Speed
Has anyone used this speed? How is it? I don't upload many files at all, maybe just some pictures. Comcast doesnt advertise this speed at all, but it is only $24.95 vs $42.95 for 6 Mb, which I'm told...

Wifi range woes
I have a WRT54GL 802.11g router with DD-WRT firmware running WPA encryption. Everying is great except for the wireless range. I have many dead spots in my house and want to fix this by either 1)...

Authentication issues
Hello all, One of our users gets de-authenticated every few minutes from our Cisco 1240AG APs. He is using a D-Link DWL-AG530 NIC. I do have Cisco Aironet extensions enabled on the AP. Any ideas will...

wireless b and g compatibility issues
I have an issue with my notebook which has a b/g wireless card built in. It connects to my wireless access point at only the b speed. The WAP I have is the Linksys 4400N and I have changed the...

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless Wiki with Google: Main article:...

state of WLAN
Hey all, I have some questions. hopefully someone could answer it. 1) how does ieee 802.1X differ from 802.1i ? Is there an implementation for them somwhere? 2) I know a bit but not as much like how...

setting up a wireless network
i was wondering if there is a way to setup a wireless network so that i might use my laptop anywhere in my house but without having a seperate computer setup with a router. in other words can i set up...

Network Bridge Issues
My set up sounds weird but I have justification. I have a laptop connected through a switch to my desktop(hardwired). My laptop is connected to the internet through a wireless router. I can access my...

USB wifi reviews: Asus and Zydal
You probably don't recall guys, that I was attempting to connect to my mom's wirelss router (no name, P and P), when I was advised to just run the cat 5 (200' away, a couple of fences but almost line...