Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

unable to connect to wireless network
We have three PCs in our house and all are connected to the same wireless network and I'm having trouble with the wireless network dropping in and out. Originally I had a D-link-524 router and...

Help with home wireless networking
Hi All, I need soem suggestions on what product would be the best for me. I have a netgear dg834gt connect to my broadband, i can connect my laptop fine via wireless no problems. But I want to connect...

wireless distance of 2 km
how can i cover 2 km with my 2 Access Point Netgear WG301 , waitting ur answers guys , what antenna to use with this AP ? ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View...

wireless distance of 2 km
if i have 2 house the distance is 2 km , so what antenna i can use for them i already have 2 Access Point Netgear WG301 , plz guys tell me ur opinions to make thie 2 km coverage very good , waitting...

mcse exam preps ?
i am studying for my mcse 2003 exams . I have a week to prepare for my 070-290 exam . Iam looking at some practice exams to purchase for my exam . anyone knows how good are practice exam for 070-290 ?...

how to measure ?
hi, i have a question about wireless networking since the manufacturers always talk about high gain antennas they never seem to mention about the distance it's gonna cover like if they say as an...

Belkin Pre-N with XP AND Vista
I have a Belkin Wireless Pre-N router, with a Belkin Wireless PCI card in my desktop and Qwest DSL service going through the router. The desktop is running Windows XP and connnects fine, however my...

getting a breezenet pro.11 to be configureable
i have 2 second hand breezenet pro.11 that is fully funtional, but the previus owner used then in a protected network. so i cant find them. i only have the units, their power supplies and the serial...

cantennas on ebay
What do you think of this 'plug & play' cantenna on ebay? doesn't even look like the ideal dimensions, besides the starting bid seems a bit high to me. Also, the Pringles-style seems to be popular,...

DIY cantenna - part 2
I'm still searching for the 'perfect' can for a cantenna. I've got the N-connector and pigtail ready to go. So far, I haven't found one that matches the dimensions on: closest I've found, so far, is a...

office with two WRT54Gs + DHCP
I was at a remote office today, and noticed that they had two Linksys WRT54Gs. but things were a little messy... They are not being used as routers, merely as wireless access points on the same LAN,...

help a guy in the arctic
Really new here and in need of some help. The situation is this I work in the arctic and have no access to stores except for shopping online. So I can not try things out to see what will work and what...

Is WAP2 the same as WAP-PSK ???
I should have worded the question as in the subject line of this post: Is WPA2-AES the same as WPA - PSK AES???

Wireless Error - This device cannot start
I have a compaq nc6230, trying to use wireless, Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection. From Device Manager, I continue to get the error "This device cannot start. (Code 10). I hover over the...

Comcast 2Mb Internet Speed
Has anyone used this speed? How is it? I don't upload many files at all, maybe just some pictures. Comcast doesnt advertise this speed at all, but it is only $24.95 vs $42.95 for 6 Mb, which I'm told...