Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wifi and Linux questions:
Hi all. I'm switching to Ubuntu for all my LAN boxes and wondered if there are any friendly wireless routers out there for Linux? And, specifically, as wifi and Linux are tough to configure, and idea...

Printer/File Sharing Just Stopped, HELP
My network has been functioning almost flawlessly for over a year now and all of a sudden I can't share printers or files anymore. The network consists of a DSL modem feeding into a Linksys WRT54GS...

WiFI going bust? Wimax coming on strong
As John Navas posted, a few high profile muni wifi projects are going south. The San Fran project with Earthlink has had some bumps in the past, but it appears that Earthlink has some internal...

Wireless Bridging Without a Bridge
I have a problem with bridging a network and wondered if I can solve the problem without a bridge - my bridge is being used elsewhere in another office. I have downstairs a wired network with wireless...

NEWS: "Free" Wi-Fi Follies: "EarthLink Deal With SF Looks Dead"
EarthLink Inc.'s current contract to build a municipal Wi-Fi network in San Francisco appears to be dead following a restructuring of the struggling Internet service provider. The deal, hammered out...

Will a Dish work4 this?
Will a dish antenna with good range generally offer any improvement where their is no clear line of sight (trees mostly) and may be one small area that has throughput signal? Already tried a home made...

Lab Technician (Wireless Technologies)- Contract/Perm position
The position is with a world class testing organization. The laboratories combine extraordinary testing facilities, highly trained technical personnel, and a defined quality process. These attributes...

Bridge Problem with 2 wifi ap
hi, i have 2 wired network and i want to connect them wirelessly the difference between the 2 networks are 2km.. here is what i got : 2 pheenet wap554g dhcp disabled 2 high gain antenna's 2 linksys...

Gophone sim card in a Cingular postpay phone
I own a Cingular GoPhone and would really like to get a new phone. My friend is buying a new phone for his regular service Cingular account, and has offered to give me his 'old' phone (using the term...

Unique situation - Two machines connecting to one wireless network but share one printer
Hello, I wonder if someone has done this where you have access to university's wireless network. Two students sharing a dorm want to share a printer among them without the RJ45 connection. - Notebook...

Can any wireless system reach neighbors house 300 feet away?
Hello all I want to be able to use a laptop in my next door neighbors house, and we live on a country road - our houses are around 300 feet apart. Is there any reasonably priced (< $200-300) wireless...

Wi-Fi Security implementation help..
Hi I am very new to Wi-Fi stuff. Recently I was asked to implement Wi-Fi in our premise. hardware that i used 2 nortel WSS 2360 and 17 AP 2330 powered by POE adapter. I have configured this switch...

Wireless + LAN Net Connection? Can they play together?
Hello! I had a question, one that I hope will be pretty simple to answer. My apartment has two internet connections at this point: 1. A cable connection that is run through the local university or...

Acer Laptop Aspire 5610 Wireless Connection
Good Afternoon; The internal wireless has refused to work after a re-installation of XP; installation necessary due to virus activity. Plugging a Linksys card in the side socket allows connection....

Wireless help
I am trying to connect an Alltel UTStarcom aircard to a IBM Thinkpad X41 tablet. We are using the NetWare 6.5 SP 6 and client 4.91.1.20050819 and Cisco VPN version 4.8.01.0300. I am trying to connect...