Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

WRT54GX and viewing stations connected
I have a Linksys WRT54GX is there a place that I can see what IP addresses the router has given out VIA DHCP or who is connected wirelessly? I have not seen this anywhere looking through the router,...

V8 cantenna
My first cantenna: basically followed the design plans at, except substituted a V8 can: haven't done precise signal strength measurements, but I'm getting 3 and 4 bars, when I used to get 1 and 2 and...

Panasonic internet cameraBL-C131 "Image Buffer Frequency" - what does that mean?
Hello all - I am trying to work out what this means: On my internet camera you can trigger the camera to take pics before and after the trigger event. Here are the options: Image Buffer Frequency...

Dish App

extending a wireless network.
I want to extend a wireless network from my friends apartment (adjacent) to mine. I have one pc connected directly but ideally, I would like to connect a router to his network (wirelessly) - and serve...

MOnitor access to wireless domain
Hello, Is there any way (software, etc) to monitor a particluar Wireless domain? I want to know if any client connects (even if the dont get an ip) to my wirless network.

Wireless Supression
Does anyone know of a way to suppress the wireless card when a wired connection is enabled? I know there are 3rd party products that do this, but I am looking for a way to manipulate windows via GPO...

Wireless access point attached to a switch?
Hi all, Please could you take a look at my network map below and tell me firstly if you think it is any good! and secondly whether it is possible to add a wireless access point to a one of the...

wireless modem for sale
Provide top-quality EDGE,GPRS,CDMA,EVDO wireless modems with USB,PCI Express and PCMCIA interface at competitive prices. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View...

Wifi and Linux questions:
Hi all. I'm switching to Ubuntu for all my LAN boxes and wondered if there are any friendly wireless routers out there for Linux? And, specifically, as wifi and Linux are tough to configure, and idea...

Printer/File Sharing Just Stopped, HELP
My network has been functioning almost flawlessly for over a year now and all of a sudden I can't share printers or files anymore. The network consists of a DSL modem feeding into a Linksys WRT54GS...

WiFI going bust? Wimax coming on strong
As John Navas posted, a few high profile muni wifi projects are going south. The San Fran project with Earthlink has had some bumps in the past, but it appears that Earthlink has some internal...

Wireless Bridging Without a Bridge
I have a problem with bridging a network and wondered if I can solve the problem without a bridge - my bridge is being used elsewhere in another office. I have downstairs a wired network with wireless...

NEWS: "Free" Wi-Fi Follies: "EarthLink Deal With SF Looks Dead"
EarthLink Inc.'s current contract to build a municipal Wi-Fi network in San Francisco appears to be dead following a restructuring of the struggling Internet service provider. The deal, hammered out...

Will a Dish work4 this?
Will a dish antenna with good range generally offer any improvement where their is no clear line of sight (trees mostly) and may be one small area that has throughput signal? Already tried a home made...