Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Nolonger Able To Connect To WiFi
Hello, I have a IBM Thinkpad R51 that use to get online with no problems. Now when I try to connect it wont connect. I never had this problem before and I would really appreciate any help. :confused:....

How to configure a local FTP server (for an internet camera)
Hello all, How can I configure a stand-alone hard drive to act as an FTP server on a local LAN IP address? I know a regular hard drive can't do this, but I've seen some that are network drives, but I...

help? connection must be reset after every reboot
You know, I've read a number of accounts such as this about the software that comes with wireless usb adapters, and the solution that is usually offered up is to stop using the vendor software and use...

Share WiFi Connection ?
Is this a ppoe or ppoa connection? If it is it might just needing to get a router. you can set up the router to do the authentication. Dennis

usb cat5 extenders?
Hi, has anyone around here used one of those usb cat5 extenders hooked up to a wifi usb stick? They supposedly allow you to extend your cable to 60 meters without loss. An example of this: wonder how...

Wireless mesh as a partial solution
Recently a poster asked about wireless mesh networks for a neighborhood setup up. While not knocking the technology, some people have really advised against such a system. My question especially in...

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless Wiki with Google: Main article:...

Netgear WG302 Wireless Bridging
I am trying to set up a wireless network using 5 Netgear WG302 APs on a flat corporate network with DHCP. Having set them up as per the documentation I can get nothing to work. Non of the clients can...

Passphase/passkey config.
I have a laptop running Ubuntu Fiesty, and has been working well, but with some only intermittent issues. I have a Linksys WRT54g wireless router that I have not configured for security (living in a...

blue screen of death after installing wifi card
Hi all, I am new here and have joined specifically to get help with a recent issue that has come up for me. I have an old Compaq Evo laptop which I want to set up for email use for my wife. I have...

Limited or no connectivity
I have a 2wire hg2700 wireless router and it is connected to my Desktop PC via ethernet. I am able to browse the web, download etc on my desktop. I also have a wireless capable laptop which I can...

Biometric hardware connection
Hello everybody! I need some help with a new component we've added on our business. This hardware is a little cpu with a screen that allow all the workers put the thumb on the biometric lector to...

Setting up a mesh wifi
Got it. Setup a mesh network in OK, I'll take your word for it. Nicely written, and imminately enjoyable to read. Great stuff, thanks.

Switching to a new WiFi
Getting ready to retire my old Linksys for a new Airport Extreme. What information should I copy down from the LS to make the transition easier. Where would I find it.