Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wireless Adapter as Router ?
Hi, I have a very basic question to ask: If I have a wired integrated 10/100 Ethernet connection to my desktop, can I plugin a network adapter into my desktop and configure it to create a wireless LAN...

Windows Vista and "Local Only" Access
I'm sure most of you have already heard how crappy Vista's wireless utility has been. Hopefully somebody has some solution. Okay... here goes... I'm an IT Tech for a housing department for a state...

PINGO offers two and a half hours of free calls to India!!
Why search and spend for less rates when you can call for call time of 444 minutes to India for just $20.00 @ 4.5 Cents a min to Call India Enter Coupon code: ""45rate"" to avail this offer on the...

Distributed computing with routers...
Here's a crazy idea, and maybe someone has come up with it before. If they have, I'd certainly like to know about it. A lot of today's commodity wireless routers and access points have fairly powerful...

2 wireless routers
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding something I have not seen before but am curious to know if it works. I appologize in advance if this has been done in a more techy lingo in which I was not...

My Biquad doesn't work
Hey guys, What's happening? I thought everything came out great! but the BiQuad I just built doesn't seem to show any increase in signal strength while using Netstumbler! I can't see where I went...

best broadband router ???
Hi! A long while ago, my long lived Microsoft 802.11b router got blasted by lightning. I saw the spark while I was sitting across the room reading. It was a very reliable router, although one of the...

Users connected to an Access Point
Hello, does anybody know if there is a tool to easily detect all the PC's (their IP & MAC) that are connected to a wireless access point and what bandwidth each is using? Thank you very much Panos

2 Routers
Hello, I wonder if anyone out there maybe able to give me a little bit of advise on a subject. My boss has a Draytek 2800g wireless router set up in an office at this house, but the signal is not so...

Basic question on house ethernet design
Hello all, Although I'm a software developer, I am not so familiar with networking technologies, and I would like a sanity check on this before I purchase anything: In my living room now, I have cable...

wifi from radio antenna?
I could probably find the answer to this by some research, but I'm too lazy. :D We have the beginnings of free wifi in our city (Portland), though it's still spotty, at best, since not all areas of...

Can I use these two connections simultaneously?
Hi, I live in an area which is covered by an unsecured wi-fi network which I'm allowed to use. Incidentally, I also have a private internet connection (I hope you got the concept). Now I want to use...

Gateway 7001a/b/g AP - opinions?
Anyone used this AP? Any opinions, issues (other than open channels on non-FCC regulated bands), likes, dislikes or information to share? (For < $50 on eBay, it LOOKS like a good deal.) TIA

NEWS: Palm pulls the plug on fledgling Foleo
Palm Inc.'s foray into a new category of laptop devices has died. Chief Executive Officer Ed Colligan said Tuesday the Foleo, a lightweight computing device meant to be paired with a smart phone, is...

Wireless drops overnight. (EAPOL key constantly transmitted afterwards)
Hello readers, First I will direct you to my original post on 'VERY STRANGE WIRELESS BEHAVIOR - Geeks to Go!' ( I don't think anyone there has a clue... Quick recap of 1st post: I get dropped...