Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

problems with new wireless NIC
I just purchased a new Dell lattitude 630 running XP pro w/SP2 and a built-in Intel Pro/wireless 3945ABG Network card (that apparently runs using either 802.11g/a). I also have a linksys router/AP...

belkin F5D7230 v7000 WDS a possibility??
I have a Belkin F5D7230 v7000 wireless router. This model is capable of acting as an access point. However this version (version 7000) has no WDS menu. If I configure the router as an access point and...

Some Simple Questions
Hello everyone , just got some questions , im kinda newbie on wifi's. 1) Can i connect to a 802.11b or 802.11g wifi if i got an 802.11N AP or router ? 2) Can i connect to a 802.11N with a g or b...

Wireless network odd issue (2 laptops set the same, only 1 works)
Ok, first, the setup...I realize this is a disertation, but I put every detail I could think of to hopefully make this easier to figure out. Comcast Internet, coming into and out of a Linksys Cable...

Clueless - Need help adding second laptop to wireless network
Hello. I recently got Virgin broadband installed in my house and bought the Belkin G+ Mimo wireless router so my flatmate and I could use our laptops anywhere in the house. We followed the install...

Wireless sniffer
Good afternoon, Can somebody recommend a good "wireless sniffer" to see what's running in my neighborhood? I'm running XP SP2. I'm currently using "Netstumbler" as it shows my wi-fi S/N ratio. Is...

wi-fi over a wide area - help needed.
Hi I need to provide wireless internet access to a large green field site (only a couple of buildings on site) - it's a 4 day festival of around 5000 people, most of whom will camp, and I think only a...

[Discussion]the super 40th+ channels!!!THE MOST NEWEST##
[Discussion]the 40th+ channel !!!,the last channel of 802.11b/g is #13 runs at2472MHZ , so how many (Hz) of the 42 & 46 channel running at? [image: download speed is much slower than the upload speed,...

How to protect your privacy while on WiFi ?
When using the Internet via WiFi at a public place such as a library or cafe, it is conceivable that the people running the router could be capturing all of your transmissions and therefore could be...

PCTEL SoftAP Connection headache
I've got two HP PC's one desktop and one laptop talking to each other using PCTEL SoftAP as an Access Point on the Desktop. The laptop confirms connection working fine, but I cannot get IE to see the...

Signal strength is always non-existent - would this work?
Hi there! Having a problem getting my laptop to connect to a home network. The network itself is fine - my flatmates tell me they have no problems connecting. But my laptop, which admittedly is...

Cable modem --> wireless router --> wired router --> computer.
I'm obviously new here, so first off, I'd like to say hello. So, yeah... hello. :) So here's my ridiculously complex and frustrating problem. I have a cable modem in my office which connects to a...

linking 2 LANS over the internet, possible?
hi i have a small basic LAN in my house, but i am wondering if i can link it to my cousins LAN in his house? is this possible? if it is, is it worth it? cheers...

EArthlink and installing Linksys router
I have EArthlink DSL and I am trying to install a router to connect my 2 home computers. Obviously Earthlink says they don't support this, but I know it can be done. By the way the router is Linksys...

Access Problem
Hello! I have a problem in accessing the wireless that I have at home. I use a range extender of Sitecom, connected to the modem, and used as access point with autentication WEP, 64 bit. I have no...