Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Edimax EW-7128g needs reboot to activate?
Hi Windows XP PRO SP2 fully patched. Older P III machine. When this machine is booted the wireless network card is always in error code 10, and the system tray item greyed out, and the hover says "Not...

Cucusoft iPhone Video Converter software
It's easy to convert practically any video format (including mpeg, avi, wmv, vob, divx and many more) to play on the iPhone using the Cucusoft iPhone video software. I downloaded the free trial...

Wireless nightmare!!!
Ok, here's the deal... I have an Alienware M9700. It works on every wireless network I've ever tried to use. However I just moved into a new apartment and it refuses! to connect to they're wireless...

Help pls with Road Runner , WRT54G v.2.2 flashed with DD-WRT v 23 Columbus, Ohio
I need the exact setting for my Linksys WRT54G v.2.2 flashed with DD-WRT v 23. I am using a Arris CM550A modem. The ISP is RoadRunner. My borrowed SMC smc2804WBRP-G works fine while the Linksys will...

300 foot wireless?
Greetings All, I found this group from a reccommendation in the basic electronics group. To save 50 bucks a month I need to get the DSL signal to travel 300 feet. I have a shop where the DSL comes in....

new way to make a wifi booster
Hey guys, I found a way to make an antenna booster for your wifi connection, all you need is some house hold items it takes about 4 mins to make, check it out here, 'How To Make A Wifi Antenna Out Of...

11n recommendation?
I've ordered a laptop with an 11n wifi card. I'd appreciate a recommendation for a 4-port router with 11n capability. I've read about MIMO, and if it increases the distance over 11n, and if I can get...

Blackberry Crashes and restarts when used as tethered modem
I have the blackberry pearl with service from T-mobile. I connect it as a modem all the time and it typically works like a champ. However, I play an online game (everquest) and when i connect using...

Lose wireless connection on reboot
When I reboot computer I am not connected to the wireless router. I am using wep 128 encrypt security. I have to go back though an installation of the NIC to find the available net works and reenter...

Wireless range question
I have a Netgear WGR614 wireless router in my house and have always had intermittant connectivity to my laptop (hp6220 with an Intel BG2200) and a desktop with a wireless Netgear card (cannot remember...

Need installation help with Buffalo WHR-HP-G54
Mine just arrived this afternnon, and it doesn't come with any manual so I have to download the PDF manual from Buffalo web site. It's pretty late now so after a quick browse through the manual, I...

Intel 4965agn PCIe + weird WiFi slowness
This is totally new and weird, with too many variables for my pea brain. Have a home network that runs fine - DSL line with Linksys BEFSX41 router Wifi is only 802.11b using an old Linksys WAP11...

Free wifi providers should enter their info to reach customers
If you own one or more locations where free wifi is offered we have a way to publicize your site(s) and we don't charge you for it. We provide the leading way for people who are OFFLINE to find a way...

Recommended Wireless Router for Business
I am in the market for a wireless router/access point for a conference room for the business I work for. I'm looking for recommendations on particular models that you are happy with in your business....

wifi print server security
i want to add a print server, i currently have a dlink router running wpa2 and aes. what kind of wifi security should a print server have? how do i connect from my xp machine to the wifi print server?...